Once you go Klonoa, you can never go slowa.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: State of the Moon Kingdom Address 2017  (Read 1198 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
State of the Moon Kingdom Address 2017
« on: January 28, 2017, 01:45:01 pm »
Hello everyone, Dar the Admin here. The time is due for another State of the Moon Kingdom Address. I got a few things I want to discuss and possibly implement this year, and hopefully we'll get them done before the year is through. But first, lets go over the statistics.

Stats and Figures

Pageviews have diminished this time around. In 2015 we had 1,962,628 total views but this time around it's only 1,221,041 which isn't bad by all means. I believe the big boost for 2015 was because of the Versus Month of that time.  Still, we managed get 110 new members, which was very close to 2015's figure of 112. The growth is still there but we definitely post more interesting content to get more people engaged!

The Status of the Staff

As you might know, a couple in staff has stepped down from moderation and we managed to gain another. As it is now, it's not bad. I would like to be able to spread staff around so that there's some kind of moderation around the clock, but on the same token I feel like staff is doing well. While I was going to announce that I was going to retire this year, I decided that instead I want to see to it that a few other projects are done, as well as possibly have more on staff before I decide to do so. It might be a while, but when that time comes, I'll let you know.

The State of the Community

This site as been doing quite well, at least from my perspective. It's been really eventful to say the least, especially since we got some great news about a Klonoa movie. On the community side, I have managed to be in a position to run several biggest groups in the Klonoa communities,  and I'm quite honored by that, because my goal in mind is to create unity between each group and possibly have events which will have two or more groups in the community to participate. I have some ideas on what I want to do, I just need space them out though. Last year, some people in staff feel like that some of the events were clustered together, which might be true. So instead of running events in just one place, I plan to do at least two events throughout the year in different places. I'll be sure to announce it in news to anyone who might be interested.

Planning for the Future

For now, the two biggest things I want to work on is the forum (navbar) redesign and on the archive. I know, I know, I said there weren't going to be another visual overhaul for a while, but this is really needed and it's relatively small. I got to make room so that way we have a place for the vault, among other things. There's a lot of official Klonoa things that I need to place in the archive, but I'll make sure it gets done. If anything, I feel like that the archive is my pride and joy, because I want it to be a monument to the franchise we all know and love that we haven't forgotten it and that we still cherish the little bits and pieces that we managed to find over the years.

As far as events goes, I'm debating or not to have another Versus Month. To be honest, we only have two games we haven't covered (Klonoa Heroes and Dream Volleyball) but I'm not sure how well that will work pitting those against each other. There's always the possibility of revisiting the other games, such as Console games vs Spinoffs or something to that extent.

We'll continue to do holidays, even add a few more just for the heck of it. Villians' Week and National Moo Day seem to be the favorite holidays so far, so we'll add a few more in the beginning of the year as well. I'll announce that when we get closer to those days.

And finally the last thing I want to touch is that I feel after this movie comes out, we'll be seeing a large influx of members yet again, to which will be a good way to teach and rekindle the reason why we're fans in the first place, so as such I want everyone to be prepared for that when the time comes.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to share with you. Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:46:34 pm by the_darai »