It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Do you prefer retro or modern consoles?  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Alexinator

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: -6
Do you prefer retro or modern consoles?
« on: February 19, 2016, 04:37:51 pm »
I like both but I kinda like the sixth generation consoles more (PS2, Gamecube ect)

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
Re: Do you prefer retro or modern consoles?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 04:44:30 pm »
I like 3rd generation consoles more, since my first console is an NES clone.

The second one is PSX. I can't tell you how great and advanced it looks after NES. :3

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 04:57:54 pm »
I don't really have a preference. I just kinda like whatever console is fun to play on and has good games. Like the SNES, the Wii, the DS, ect ect

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 08:26:00 pm »
Sixth for me was the sweet spot for consoles. But I like PS1 and N64 a lot too.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 12:01:19 pm »
I prefer modern consoles that take advantage of "innovation" that doesn't pressure the user into performing unwanted tasks. I'm fine with regular rumble controllers but games tend to blend into similarities due to the controller scheme remaining the same or not capable of providing enough options in gameplay. (I get bored of 2 button games rather quickly...klonoa is a bit different though)

On the contrary perriferals focusing on getting up off the couch are devices I'll never touch. The most movement I'll concede is the wiimote/Chuck and the Wii U pad. Splatoon is the most movement I'll do. I sit in chair that can pivot (standard office chair with wheels) so I can use the gyro in conjunction with the analogs. Sitting upright with the pad in my lap I can easily tilt my wrists for up/down and swivle the chair left/right for precision aiming. The analog sensitivity is at +4 so my character can spin while my legs and wrists aim the gyro gamepad.

I truly wish Nintendo garnered more support for the Wii U gamepad. I could make a long essay but I'm on my phone. I've seen the next console rumors of a full touch screen pad...maybe it will receive more love...(Nintendo really should have name the Wii U something else because I know it hurt sales; almost all the half gamer parents I know thought the Wii U was the same as the Wii....so they didn't buy into the tech)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:03:42 pm by confuted »

Offline VikVanHazel

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • How curious...
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 01:49:29 pm »
I'm siding with the 6th generation on this. Those provided a standard way of manage your save data, which was an undeniable improvement over most of the consoles from the previous generation.  But unlike the more recent consoles, games had to be complete and work "out of the box", because they could not simply be updated or patched!

Offline Dimitri

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • I have absolutely nothing special to put here.
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 04:35:06 pm »
I'm here with 5/6th gen or thereabouts too. Sure, the NES and SNES had some great games, but for me PS2 is where it was at. The games I used to like to play were all Dreamcast or PS1/2 games, with a side of SSX2 for Xbox, so this generation of consoles really envelops my childhood gameplaying for me. I only wish I still had my old Dreamcast. :(
I registered in 2015 as part of a roleplaying game and proceeded to never do anything of importance. Oops?

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 05:09:14 pm »
Difficult question if you ask me... :unsure:

I don't really know, I just play what I want.

Offline gamr13

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 05:36:37 am »
I prefer the PS2, but that's my bias because I grew up with it xD
But other than that PS3. I have some great games that aren't your usual bull like Call of Duty or what have you.

My favourite handheld console would be the PSP no doubt at all. PS Vita holds nothing on it other than having a better screen and speakers.