The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Lemme Tell You About Homestuck.  (Read 4608 times)

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
Re: Lemme Tell You About Homestuck.
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 06:33:40 pm »
I'm sorry but I find the writing for Homestuck to be absolutely dreadful.  I think it tries so hard with all the references and memes it throws into the mix.  I personally find RubyQuest/NanQuest/DiveQuest and Prequel Adventure to be much much better alternatives.

Ruby Quest was an interesting one. Only thing that bugged me was how the creator nabbed Animal Crossing characters instead of making their own.

Also That's been in the works for a while? It's very much still being worked on. I'm looking forward to it and I'm really glad it isn't tied to the comic's story or characters in any way.

Ah cool :0  I heard the team had their money stolen by a partner group but it's sweet that the game's still getting done despite that.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 07:05:29 pm »
Ah cool :0  I heard the team had their money stolen by a partner group but it's sweet that the game's still getting done despite that.
I heard about that, with The Odd Gentlemen taking the Hiveswap money to make the new King's Quest instead? It's just a rumor though, there hasn't been any confirmation at all afaik
Even if it were true, I don't think it was done as maliciously as the rumors imply. More likely a mismanaging of resources and priorities that lead to abandoning Hiveswap.

Offline Dish

• Gone with the Wind
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Hi! I'm Dish!
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 07:13:33 pm »
Huzzah, Homestuck. tbh I'm too lazy to catch up but i've technically been reading the comic for years now.

also Prequel Adventure is amazing if you haven't read it yet then you should do it now. http://www.prequeladventure.com/2011/03/prequel-begin/

It's like Homestuck but with less confusing-as-all-hell-ness