We have a Twitter account! Be sure to follow us for up to the minute updates! https://twitter.com/KloCollective

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What is your favorite game company and why?  (Read 1275 times)

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Your (probably) exhausted nerd
What is your favorite game company and why?
« on: April 20, 2023, 03:07:11 pm »
Why is this company your favorite, what is the best game they've made (in your opinion).  :unsure:

For me it's a very hard choice but I'm choosing only because of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, Spike Chunsoft. Those games aren't super great gameplay wise but the story is  :big_smile:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 08:43:12 am by PhantomShiba »
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-
(Actual age: 15 - I made a mistake on my profile :p)

Offline Mr.KokoPudgeFudge

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • I'm a guy who thinks way too much
Re: What is your favorite game company and why?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 03:08:21 pm »
Why is this company your favorite, what is the best game they've made (in your opinion).  :unsure:

For me it's a very hard choice but I'm choosing only because of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, those games aren't super great gameplay wise but the story is  :big_smile:
*rock tunnel flashbacks*

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 03:09:30 pm »
Sega. Sega is underrated and overlooked, unfortunately overshadowed by Sonic and Diva.

I do not have a favorite Sega game, but if i do have a favorite Sega console, it is the Saturn, most of what i love about Sega is traced from arcade, and Saturn basicly brought an arcade experience at home.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 03:33:02 pm »
Sega. Sega is underrated and overlooked, unfortunately overshadowed by Sonic and Diva.

I do not have a favorite Sega game, but if i do have a favorite Sega console, it is the Saturn, most of what i love about Sega is traced from arcade, and Saturn basicly brought an arcade experience at home.
The Saturn is so nostalgic to me even though I never had one, maybe it's just the arcadey feel to it. The Saturn has so many unique games and is just really cool as a whole, it kinda sucks that Sega stopped making consoles after the Dreamcast  :sad_face: but I understand why they did it and it seems they're improving after their recent slip-ups so it seems like Sega is heading in a good direction
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 09:45:42 pm »

Well, I don’t need to say anything here, Rapappa has summed up how I feel. Except replace Saturn with Dreamcast and you have me. The Dreamcast isn’t as much of an arcade hug, but goddamn it it has some amazing games!

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2023, 10:16:53 am »
*rock tunnel flashbacks*
Shhhh, we don't talk about that.  :O
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 09:14:27 pm »
I personally play way too many games to narrow down a favorite developer/company. It kind of shifts with time to, closest pick I would've had recently was Codemasters.

They made the best racing games in the whole business, consistently outputting peak quality content for all game platforms (especially the PC) from the mid 2000s to across the 2010s. They are particularly well known for their Grid, Dirt and licensed F1 series.

Unfortunately a few short years leading up EA's acquisition of the company, Codemasters have lost their way with the last titles of the aforementioned video game racing series being recieved poorly by the public.

Given EA's machinations it does not look like the company has a bright future ahead. But the real crime here is the fact that most of the games have been delisted from most digital storefronts. Pesky car licenses!
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2023, 09:20:12 pm »
I personally play way too many games to narrow down a favorite developer/company. It kind of shifts with time to, closest pick I would've had recently was Codemasters.

They made the best racing games in the whole business, consistently outputting peak quality content for all game platforms (especially the PC) from the mid 2000s to across the 2010s. They are particularly well known for their Grid, Dirt and licensed F1 series.

Unfortunately a few short years leading up EA's acquisition of the company, Codemasters have lost their way with the last titles of the aforementioned video game racing series being recieved poorly by the public.

Given EA's machinations it does not look like the company has a bright future ahead. But the real crime here is the fact that most of the games have been delisted from most digital storefronts. Pesky car licenses!

EA stands for Everything's Awful.  ;)
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline EthanGold17961

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • This profile has a Brazilian nationality
    • Exemplary Сasual Dating Genuine Females
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2023, 09:00:32 am »
the one I like the most and still like today is bandai namco, there are several games produced by her that I keep to my heart (obviously klonoa included)

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2023, 08:56:56 pm »
Obviously not Namco Bandai right now. (Pls namco gimme klonoa3 :sad_face:)

Jokes aside, I am kinda sick of those AAA games that come out each year with the exact same gameplay and slightly better graphics. I generally play indie titles nowadays.