No one is safe from Dar's pranks every April Fool's Day. >:3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Memes that need to DIE.  (Read 8156 times)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: Memes that need to DIE.
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 02:02:38 am »
It also doesn't help that the Sonic.exe hack uses the Ruins of Sorrow track from Klonoa 2, giving people another dumb excuse to say "hur, Klonoa's just like Sonic!"

And I really, really don't want to get started on that again...  :sad face:

...In one case, the acknowledgement of that track in this instance is quite awesome...but on the OTHER hand, what's acknowledging it...sort of...well...

...Wow, this is giving me some really mixed feelings.

As for other memes that ought to be put down? Praising Helix. I don't MIND this, but there's so much other awesome lore from Twitch (Like Kenya, for instance), that THAT being the one thing people think of when they hear "Twitch Plays Pokemon" sort of gets old fast.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline MightyFan217

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • ムゲンドラモン
    • MightyFan217 YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 05:08:53 am »
As funny as it was back when it first launched, IGN's "7.8 Too Much Water" thing really gets on my nerves since I actually don't mind the water routes in Hoenn. In fact I am a big fan of these routes due to how complex they were for their time compared to the standard land routes with normal grass tiles. Not only that, but I like the fact Sharpedo and Kyogre are visible on the Overworld if you use Surf/Waterfall/Dive on those two, and not only that, but have additional effects.

Speaking of which, any idea why Lapras doesn't reprise it's role of Overworld Surf Model in OR/AS like it originally had it in X/Y?

3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on Pokémon X/Y, ΩR/αS, Fantasy Life, or Super Smash Bros. for 3DS please.

Even if you're not a Digimon fan, sign this and SPREAD THE WORD!

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 05:27:19 am »
As funny as it was back when it first launched, IGN's "7.8 Too Much Water" thing really gets on my nerves since I actually don't mind the water routes in Hoenn. In fact I am a big fan of these routes due to how complex they were for their time compared to the standard land routes with normal grass tiles. Not only that, but I like the fact Sharpedo and Kyogre are visible on the Overworld if you use Surf/Waterfall/Dive on those two, and not only that, but have additional effects.

Speaking of which, any idea why Lapras doesn't reprise it's role of Overworld Surf Model in OR/AS like it originally had it in X/Y?

...It could have something to do with Lapras not being a Hoenn Pokemon. Or something like that. I dunno, Gamefreak makes odd decisions every now and then. (Gonna say it here- They're more than likely  gonna remove the feature entirely in any subsequent games.) And I'm perfectly fine with the whole "too much water" thing, unless it's...forced. We get it. It's funny. No reason to start rating EVERYTHING "7.8", just because it has "too much" of "insert thing here". (I'm guilty as charged on that front, though.)

On another note, I'll come out and say it- I wasn't a fan of the whole Shrek thing, myself. But it's sorta...grown on me, I guess. (And just imagine people's reactions if there ended up being a 5th Shrek movie...)

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 09:11:01 am »
Here's another one: Grumpy Cat.

Ugh.

Offline TimertheBunneh

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Balan Wonderworld (and Klonoa) fan
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 06:30:40 pm »
Sonic.exe.

It was never "scary", it's never gonna BE scary. So why do people keep using it/derivatives?

I'll admit, there's only ever been ONE ".exe" character I've ever liked.

(Image removed from quote.)

And it's going to STAY that way, in all likelyhood.

Sanic is another meme that ought just be done with altogether.

(...Okay, I'll at LEAST admit "Sanic.exe" gave me a good chuckle.)
Sonic.exe is pretty cool to me. I will admit that it gave me a bit of a scare when I first saw footage of the game (dat hyper-realistic Sonic...) but I like the story aspect of it.
She/her pronouns, please
  Discord: Timer & Balan#0514

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 04:57:46 am »
I admit I didn't know of Sonic.exe until James and Mike looked at it (among a bunch of other ROM hacks, by the way). If nothing else, their look at it is pretty funny, especially their reactions to the Jump Scare.

I did look into it since then and...got reminded of why I'm not really a horror fan.

Also, why are they called creepypastas anyways? All it makes me think of is spaghetti that I really don't want to eat.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:07:04 am by SurrealBrain »

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 02:35:18 pm »
Also, why are they called creepypastas anyways? All it makes me think of is spaghetti that I really don't want to eat.
"The name is derived from the internet slang term "copypasta", which refers to text that has been copied and pasted by users onto discussion boards multiple times."

Anyway I have to say I'm not sure Sonic.exe counts as a meme really? I feel bad video game pastas in general would fit better. Those really need to die.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 05:30:58 pm »
"The name is derived from the internet slang term "copypasta", which refers to text that has been copied and pasted by users onto discussion boards multiple times."

Anyway I have to say I'm not sure Sonic.exe counts as a meme really? I feel bad video game pastas in general would fit better. Those really need to die.
You mean like the Tails doll/Can you feel the sunshine?

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 06:15:17 pm »
You mean like the Tails doll/Can you feel the sunshine?
I mean like all of the intentionally bad ones that are trying to make fun of the genuinely bad ones. We get the joke, they're all poorly written and unoriginal. Stop ironically writing the same thing.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 06:20:46 pm »
I need some examples plx.