The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Memorable moments in Lunatea  (Read 2017 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Memorable moments in Lunatea
« on: July 30, 2015, 11:32:17 pm »
Decided to squeeze in one more topic before tomorrow. Which is your favorite moment in the game? With all the crazy camera angles and some great dialog in between, there had to be a moment where you thought 'Yup, this game makes me tingly all over.' Discuss!

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
Re: Memorable moments in Lunatea
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 11:56:58 pm »
I have two memorable moments actually. The first is exploring Volk City. It feels like you're in a middle of a civil war as structures crumbles before you and civilians getting blown away. Michael Bay wished that he would have made the level design himself. The second is the board sections, especially the Mountains of Mira-Mira. The environment there is that gorgeous and who doesn't want to hear Klonoa sing while riding a hoverboard and doing stunts at the same time. 

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 11:58:07 pm »
definitely the ending. i seriously tear up every time i watch the tragic parting between Klonoa and Lolo T^T (ok it's not very tragic but come on it's stills sad)

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 01:00:01 am »
(My internet tried to keep me from posting this but I will not be defeated.)

For me there are two big moments that always get me:

First one is the reveal and ringing of the Fifth Bell. The fact that the reveal scene has no dialogue, only music is so chilling, and the whole atmosphere of both scenes is so heavy and dire. They're a really good tipping point towards the climax and change of tone in the story and I love love love it.

The other moment would be the scenes and final battle with the King of Sorrow. Just...that music, that atmosphere, how calm some of the conversation is at first...damn. Not to mention the fact that when you beat him there isn't any huge fanfare. There isn't a big explosion, or an over-dramatic defeat. He just quietly asks Klonoa again to help him, and Klonoa does. Damn.

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 02:47:01 am »
I wish I could say the entire game, I really do...  :sad_face:

But yeah, there are 2 moments that I cherish the most in this game. One of them being the Mira-Mira section, particularly the moments with Lolo. It really hit me when her fears and insecurities were revealed at the Maze of Memories. It showed that Lolo was so much more than just a cute partner; she was someone I could truly relate to. Not to mention when Popka talked some sense into her at Indecision Pass, it also showed that Lolo has a much thicker skin than you'd think.

My second most cherished moment is the entirety of the game's final act. Going through the kingdom of Hyuponia; facing the King of Sorrow; ringing the fifth bell so that he can finally be happy; seeing Lolo give up her title so that she can earn it the proper way on her own; then Klonoa saying farewell to her before leaving the world behind. I've explained why I love this ending in great detail before, so I'll just leave it at that. It's simply an incredible ending to an incredible game.
It a me

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 07:17:21 am »
I'm kinda tired at the moment, and I'm really stressed out about something, so I'll try to keep this brief:

I found the entirety of Hyuponia to be memorable. The whole sunset things, the long, tall, sprawling towers, that really sad, echoie, nostalgic track playing throughout...there were a lot of feels in that level.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).