Once you go Klonoa, you can never go slowa.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Can Janga poison you during his boss fight?  (Read 740 times)

Offline rcs709

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
Can Janga poison you during his boss fight?
« on: May 19, 2021, 01:01:15 am »
So, I'm contributing to a fan translation for Klonoa Heroes, and there's one thing I wanted to consider regarding the poison status ailment.

Because Janga poisons Klonoa in the cutscene after the former's boss fight, and Guntz and Pango don't consider using an inn, a Claire Crystal, or vegetable juice to heal him, I was considering writing the English version of those items' descriptions to account for it (i.e. "doesn't work on some poisons" or "cures amnesia, curses, and most poisons").

Of course, this would only work if Janga can't poison him during the boss fight, and I've yet to see a gameplay video on YouTube where he manages to do so. So, my question is, for anyone who's played the game before, is it possible for Janga to inflict the poison status ailment on you during his boss fight? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Okay, so according to someone on the Klonoa subreddit, Janga can poison you with certain attacks during his boss fight. It's just that the Let's Play-ers I saw had a Claire Crystal or something that prevented them from being poisoned (I should've expected them to prepare accordingly to fight someone whose nickname was "Poison Claws").

Because of that, I may have to reword the aforementioned item descriptions to mention "status ailments inflicted during battle" to get around this, as the cutscene after the Janga boss fight isn't technically part of the battle.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 11:56:29 pm by rcs709, Reason: Question was answered elsewhere. »

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
Re: Can Janga poison you during his boss fight?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 05:33:19 pm »
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery