We have a Twitter account! Be sure to follow us for up to the minute updates! https://twitter.com/KloCollective

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Are people this freaking stupid?  (Read 1592 times)

Offline DreamTraveler

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • What you think you become
Are people this freaking stupid?
« on: September 09, 2015, 01:15:58 pm »
Not you guys but when we drive some where straight outside our mobile home park their is a U Turn where people steal others U Turns this is a legal U Turn too. Their is a sign where the right hand lane needs to YIELD meaning stop to u turn someone tried complaining and pretended to be the victim when we had the right way. Are people this impatient they have to steal peoples turns and we want flying cars? My god we gotta focus on upholding the laws of the road before we can start having that advanced stuff.

Have you had an experience like this where someone took your turn illegally or something else and nobody will do anything about it fill free to let me know. I'm about to start a group that encourages people to call the highway patrol and have them monitor the streets sick of reckless drivers this is why I'm too nervous to drive.
I exist in your thoughts and dreams.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Are people this freaking stupid?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 01:32:41 pm »
That's part of life when driving at least where I live anyways. I've seen plenty enough dumb things. When I used to walk to my internship because people would ignore red lights and the cross walk things. When I used to drive a moped someone nearly ran me over because they were in a rush to pass me and others and tried to merge back into the lane I was in and obviously was not seeing me despite wearing a bright red jacket.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 02:52:19 pm »
just wait until automated cars are required; most transit problems will suddenly be solved after that. I can imagine a ton of people would vote against requiring automated cars but I pray every day it happens soon

Offline DreamTraveler

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • What you think you become
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 07:29:00 pm »
just wait until automated cars are required; most transit problems will suddenly be solved after that. I can imagine a ton of people would vote against requiring automated cars but I pray every day it happens soon

They should program traffic laws in the system and force the laws I know self driven cars is also in I, Robot so it would be more like I, Robot than Minority Report. Minority Report cars drove up skyward roads which is the proper term for it maybe we can put sensors in the cars that detects if you broke the road rules and signals the police station people will be sure pd off about that. I don't want an artificial intelligence though and maybe we can make fast lanes and higher speeds for self driven cars but I doubt it would be fair for others. I kind of like driving manually and I don't wanna live in a world where self driven cars dominate plain ordinary cars.

I don't drive yet but I sure would hate to replace cars with automatically driven ones with a lot of bugs needing to get out of them and updated maps is also a problem. We already got bugs in GPS and it doesn't constantly update roads as it is what makes them think we can have autopilot cars? Not sounding harsh or anything...
I exist in your thoughts and dreams.

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 11:47:40 pm »
i travelled allot. like, so much that 400 km doesn't seem very far to me. i swear more then half my life was spent on the road, since my mom shipped mushrooms all over the place and i was too young to be alone so i would go with her. now i've seen some pretty crazy things go on. true automated cars would make the roads safer, but it also gives the possibility of hackers. if a car has ANY sort of connection to the internet, or government computers or satalites or anything, there's always the chance someone can hack into your car, take control of the gps, change where you're going, or even take control of the entire car and cause a huge accident. i fear automated cars more then normal cars. i just wish people would be more responcible and learn to pay more attention and not just think of themselves being a few minutes late for a meeting or something. i'd rather be late then take someone's life. that's why i don't like the new cars that have built in things that connect to phones and built in gps and all that stuff, it just increases the risk of someone hacking in. even the government can do this if they don't like where you're going or want full control over you, they can take control of your car and take you wherever. idk if people have noticed, but barely anything is private anymore. i don't like the whole world knowing what i do in my life. it's just more ways for them to control how you live and what you do. i value my independance, if i could i would just live somewhere alone in the woods, away from people who try to control me for their own purposes.

in other words, i don't agree with automated cars. automated cars won't fix how people think. it won't fix the fact that they're still selfish and greedy (not everyone, but some people) automated cars will just make it easier for them to think this. what they need is to be forced to stop thinking like that. a good way to do that is driving. if they learn to follow safety rules and consider other peoples situations, they'll stop thinking like that.

when i pass my drivers test, im gonna get an electric car with the least ammount of stuff that connects to internet and all that. they're better for the environment, and are safer because if they get into an accident they won't blow up since there's no gas in them.