Windbullet: mod, magazine, or machine? O:

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Help  (Read 3072 times)

Offline Infinite

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Help
« on: August 19, 2018, 10:02:35 pm »
I don’t think I can get a crtv. I’ll have to work with what I have. What do I do to avoid anything weird like flashing or signal resetting. I don’t know much about this stuff so please keep it simple.

Offline Infinite

• Heart Moo
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 10:04:30 pm »
I just want a stable picture. With no oddities.

Offline soupfistDEV

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Soupify!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 11:25:06 pm »
Honestly, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. As long as you have an analog signal (i.e. composite, s-video, component, etc.) coming from your PS2, then the signal resetting for Klonoa 2 should not be a problem whatsoever. It's only when your using an upscaler in conjunction with HDMI cables (i.e. Framemeister, OSSC, etc.) that the signal resetting becomes a problem. Every time Klonoa 2 loads a different area of a level, a cutscene, or load the game back up if you die, then you will see a short blackout in between these transitions when using HDMI. This is because upscalers that use HDMI convert that analog signal to a digital signal through the HDMI cord and scales up the image to a higher quality, and HDMI usually has a bit of a delay when switching between different resolutions or when the video signal has to reset. But considering you have an AV composite cable for PS2, it shouldn't be an issue for Klonoa 2 on any of your displays. But honestly man, if I were you, I would not use AV composite cables on an HD display. Trust me, those things were meant for CRT TVs and those TVs alone. I would just get component cables instead because those make the image quality look way better.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 11:40:51 pm »
well like I said on shoutbox if on LCD tv there is not much you can do other than test ps1 and ps2 games on both of those that you have.

Klonoa 2 is currently the only ps2 game that I know of that has that weird behavior. However it was much more common on ps1 games for them to not just reset the video out but change resolutions when you entered menus and such too.

In my experience trying to get Klonoa 1 and Klonoa 2 working across 2 or so different screens. S-video has been the best solution for my lcd tv not dropping video when the ps2 decided to reset the video sync signal, Like it does on Klonoa 2.

One of these. Also don't buy the dirt cheap ones they will not look so good on video quality or
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Make sure you TV has a port that looks like the 4 pin connector on the left if you want to use s-video

If you don't have s-video cables or a connector on either tv then use component video also don't buy too cheap or expect potential video noise
And the input on the TV will look like this. just ignore all those other connectors. Component is green,blue,red connectors and audio is white and red.

If you can use component and don't have any noticeable sync drop. then your good that is about the best you can get unless you have a really fancy likely from europe tv that can accept a SCART connection and ugh there are some other things/video input methods I've tried too but it's not worth all the trouble :sleeping:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 11:47:10 pm by Voka~Daemyn, Reason: composite video cross hatch pattern T_T »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 11:54:33 pm »
These people probably know more than me. if you wanna go reallly realllllllllly super overkill on video quality they explain it all I think.

Offline Infinite

• Heart Moo
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 12:00:08 am »
So let me get this straight. If I’m understanding soupfist correctly If I use the equipment I already have. The screen will be fine? However. If I use component cables. Does that get rid of the black bars or can my current equipment do that already and the component cables just make the game look nicer.

Offline soupfistDEV

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Soupify!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 12:23:25 am »
As far as I know, component cables just make the picture quality of your games look nicer than composite. They aren't gonna get rid of the black bars on the sides. If you really wanna make the game picture appear full on your screen, play around with your screen settings and see if it has anything that will do the trick. If it doesn't fill the screen, then find what display setting works best for you.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 12:31:39 am »
It will depend on the TV but likely both tv's will have a widescreen stretch option and that will remove the black bars. If you don't mind the image being stretched horizontally some. Changing video input types won't affect it or shouldn't anyways.

Offline Infinite

• Heart Moo
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 12:40:17 am »
Here are my display options. I’ve been using wide on all of my ps2 and GameCube games I own.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 09:56:19 am »
It's not really technical advice at all, but I've played Klonoa 2 on any regular old widescreen TV and never noticed any issues. I think the best thing in your case is just...test it out? And try the different settings? I think stretching it is gonna be your best bet if those black bars annoy you.