Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What if Klonoa was in Smash Brothers?  (Read 5691 times)

Offline NightmareSpirit

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • Darkness's Assistant
What if Klonoa was in Smash Brothers?
« on: June 20, 2015, 01:41:51 pm »
I'm not certain if this has already been discussed or in a forum somewhere. :embarassed: But I would like to hear you guys ideas! :big_smile:

Things to think about:
  • Final Smash
  • Grab/Shield
  • Special/Standard moves
  • Alt Costumes or Default Costumes
  • Taunts
  • Victory Pose
  • Any dialog
  • What would his introduction video be like if he was revealed?
  • Also what would the crowd chant if he's winning?
  • Any other details I missed.

I just really want him in smash brothers. Like REALLY bad.  :(

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: What if Klonoa was in Smash Brothers?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 01:51:05 pm »
Oh this has definitely been discussed. I believe there was even a video of it posted about what his moveset could be. But it's always nice to talk about it again. :)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 02:05:17 pm »
Klonoa had different outfit concepts for sure. so those could be used. I once did a minor mod on wiimake Klonoa Door to Phantomile trying to replicate one of them.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 02:18:46 pm by Vokadae, Reason: engrishhhhh »

Offline Dish

• Gone with the Wind
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Hi! I'm Dish!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 04:42:13 pm »
heh...

I've had some random ideas for Klonoa in Smash in my head for awhile so I guess I'll talk about em!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 01:59:19 am by Dish0ut »

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 09:46:35 pm »
Trust me, this has been discussed at length. Great lenght, in fact...hell, one of our prior members here was so dedicated to talking about Klonoa in Smash that his only real reason for being here in the first place (as he said himself) was to talk about Klonoa being in Smash. Course, that doesn't make it a DULL concept, but it has been one debated in the past.

In any case, I'm sure 80% of us here all have a basic idea what his specials might be, or something like that- B being the Wind Ring, Up B being a Moo Jump, ect. He'd perfectly fit into the game, no problem...there's just certain factors limiting his chances, I. E. His franchise being dead for some time now, and there being plenty of other choices for Namco's characters. And even THEN, the one time there was additional character content plausible for Smash, Heihachi ends up getting in...as a Mii outfit. If Heihachi, one of Namco's most notable chaarcters outside of Pac Man can only get in as a Mii outfit, then what chance does Klonoa have? Plenty, perhaps...as a Mii Outfit, but I'd quickly take that over nothing.

And since we're on the subject: Why has the Klonoa hack for Brawl been put on hold for so long? Clearly there's a lot of people who love him and want him in smash, AND have the technical prowess to improve him, yet there's been no activity on the mod (as far as I know) for 3 or so years. I know mods like these take lots of time and effort, but I would expect SOME sort of progress on him after all this time...what gives?

...Okay, I'm done ranting now.

Also, Dae, that is an awesome model, which would probably work really well with said Klonoa hack, but I digress.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 09:48:12 pm by Sable-Xeno »

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 07:22:40 pm »
A long while ago I asked the same question, why was the brawl klonoa mod project haulted. The official response was they had too much difficulty with bugs; his rig broke most of the time which made him unplayable. They also gave the usual lack of time and loss of interest.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 08:13:45 pm »
I gave up on the Brawl hack, I'm hoping that with Crusade update with the native controller support that make for a game that everyone would like to play.

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
Klonoa for Sm4sh
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 08:16:55 pm »
So I posted something on Gamefaqs about why Klonoa should be added in Smash Bros 4., so I decide to share it to here.

:unsure: Because I'm not a master at stats for Smash Bros, it's not the best I did. But still, I'm not so quick in answering questions, keep that in mind.

However, I do felt so accomplished to make all this. So here you go:

So I've been taking a bit of look ups on what character in my opinion could fit nicely into the Smash franchise. Which is why I chose the character, Klonoa.

Although his games are forgotten, the Wii remake of the original is made, and two Gameboy games are added into the Wii U Virtual Console, but not the 3DS Virtual Console, which is ironic considering it's release for the Gameboy.

But anyways, the reason why I chose Klonoa are a few reasons, in Klonoa Heroes, he has a wide range of weapons and gadgets to fight enemies with, and starting at the very first Klonoa game for the PS1, he uses a Wind Bullet, a projectile that grabs enemies from short distances. In Klonoa Heroes, he has weapons and gadgets that range from the Sword, Hammer, Beam Gnome(A shield/reflector), Boomerang, and an Arm Cannon. He even has some abilities, and items that aren't really used for combat except for one. One of his abilities can allow him to float in the air with his large ears for a short amount of time. Thus, most of his moves has good gameplay potential. One of his Final Smashes could be one of his special moves, dubbed Thunder Hurricane.

Now I got some of his moves and everything, this is possibly how his moveset should be like:

Specials:
Neutral B: Wind Bullet (If you caught a player, you can throw them off for a small bit of damage, cooldown required to use again if it doesn't hit)

Side B: Boomerang (Can be charged, but if used in the air, it is thrown diagonally)

Down B: Beam Gnome (Pretty much a reflector, except it can only protect the front side of Klonoa, and it can be used to charge attack)

Up B: Tornado Attack (Can recover with a below average vertical recovery, and good horizontal recovery, similar to Donkey Kong's. Unlike Meta Knight's Mach Tornado, it can't extend the time used on it, and it only travels for about 2 seconds, causes helplessness, lengthy ending lag if he lands safely, but not as long as Lucario's.)

Smash attacks:
Side Smash: Wind Sword Slash

Down Smash: Wind Hammer (Some damage, but can push characters away for a small distance if it didn't hit them close enough, somewhat slow.)

Up Smash: Wind Sword Slash or Arm Cannon. (Arm Cannon: A projectile flies up into the air, and falls down. Works kind of like Snake's up Smash, except Klonoa's is more slower and weaker) (Wind Sword Slash, pretty straightfoward, upward slash)

Attacks and tilts:
Neutral Attack: First two punches, and then attackes with the Wind Ring in the third hit. Cannot flurry attack.

Dash Attack: Dashes and kicks his opponent.

Up Tilt: Swings the Wind Ring over him. Short range.

Side Tilt: Swings the Wind Ring in front of him. Short range, but longer range than Up Tilt.

Down Tilt: A kick, fast but very low damage. Short range.

Air moves:
Neutral Air: An extended kick, like Link's, Mario's, Luigi's, Sheik etc.

F-Air: Wind Hammer Swing, can only spike if it hits a player at the head of the hammer, spike power is good, but isn't so strong.

B-Air: Back kick

D-Air: Dive attack

Here are his statistics per attack on his moveset:

Attacks:
Neutral attack: 2-8%

Dash attack: 4%

Up Tilt: 3%

Down Tilt: 1%

Side Tilt: 3%

Aerials:
Neutral Air: 4%

U-Air: 3%

F-Air: Sourspotted, 5%; Sweetspotted, 10%

B-Air: 4%

D-Air: 4%

Smash attacks:
Side: 6-11%

Down: 7%, can push players away from a small distance

Up: 5-10%

Specials:

Neutral B: 3%

Side B: 4-6%

Down B: 2%

Up B: 3-19%

Final Smash: If hit by a lightning strike, 9%. If a lot of hits connect, it can KO them, but it requires about 5-6 lightning hits depending on weight and where they're at to KO, making this Final Smash weak, but good enough if you want to rack up some quick damage. Also, no one would be using the Final Smashes anyway, unless it's in a for fun, and/or playing with friends.

Taunts:
-He tosses the ring in the air, and catches it.
-He yawns and stretches his arms.
-Huepow flies around for a bit, then goes back into the ring.

This is his Characteristics for the game:
Neutral:
=Klonoa appears as the incarnation of the Klonoa remake for the Wii.
=His design changed compared to his Remake design, his clothes are given the same color scheme from Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil. He is slightly shorter,
=He is a small character, giving him a small hitbox, slightly taller than Ness. But because his small size, his range is reduced a bit more.

Positives:
+Smash attacks have low starting and ending lag
+Smash attacks deal good damage, mostly Side Smash.
+Can run pretty quick, about the same speed as Mega Man, but a little slower.
+Falling speed is average, but still fairly fast.
+Very long grab range, ending lag is lengthy.
+Beam Gnome can allow you to push up to the enemy safer, since Beam Gnome can block projectiles and some attacks.
+Above average jumping height.
+If Beam Gnome is used near the edge, it doesn't make Klonoa launch out of the stage, unless you're in the air. Which in this case, makes it good to block off anyone that's trying to go back into stage.
+Good recovery.
+Rolling and spot dodging has low ending lag, allowing followups.

Negatives:
-Being lightweight, he gets launched easily.
-Below-average knockback on Smash attacks
-Short range, especially the neutral attacks and tilts.
-Due to the fast fall, Klonoa is somewhat vulnerable to juggling, and his mid-air jumping is not too good.
-Vulnerable to projectiles, because Beam Gnome mostly charges on ground.
-Beam Gnome can't reflect projectiles.
-Mediocre damage for most moves.
-Beam Gnome can't block the ledge for obvious reasons.
-Boomerang deals poor damage and knockback.

That's all I can try to add more today, the next few days, I'll add more information like Trophies, Palatena's call thing, and victory poses etc.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 08:57:12 pm »
You posted the same thing twice.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 10:12:49 am »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

You seem pretty passionate of the idea. I'd rather you not re post the same post to different threads though.. If anything a link to the other thread is fine though.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 10:15:52 am by Voka Moo »