You can't hate Popka. He's a jerk with a heart of gold.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Why i liked Hewpoe over Lolo / DtP over L'sV  (Read 337 times)

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Why i liked Hewpoe over Lolo / DtP over L'sV
« on: March 01, 2024, 08:46:03 pm »
The common word of Klonoa fans, is that Lolo is just a better character than Hewpoe, has more going on with her! Well...
I guess, sorta? Well, Lolo has a very clear character arc in Lunatea's Veil, but... I have a feeling people also don't realize how Hewpoe, also had one, but didn't quite notice it, because it is not noticable on the first playthrough and such, where you don't know anything! You are just embarking on an adventure with your friend Hewpoe, Hewpoe always felt more mystical than Lolo, whereas she, was ordinary, and... somehow knows she works on the ring, and is probably the only person to live in Lalakoosha any ways... uhhhhh...

And besides, i know you people like to see a female hugging a male.  :bad_straight_face:  :embarassed:

Any ways, Lolo seems to do what Hewpoe did, but more! So why do i like Hewpoe more then?

Me? Well...

In the very intro of the game, you know Hewpoe, did not come from here, but, elsewhere, and it landed on the surface of this thing, and Klonoa gets it, and it's magical, it's, a magical friend... Right from the gecko, i like that, it feels more justified as to why he works in the ring to power it, rather than, just being some one. And there seems to be more logical awareness by the intro that, well, it's like, he is part of it... Lolo in the other hand, doesn't have anything quite like it in this world, actually, Klonoa already had the ring there, and, somehow she knows exactly everything about this ring? Maybe it was Baguji or something... But, it is odd. Hewpoe, is from Cress tho, a place that, is already kind of a legend that, really starts to lean into it the more you play.

Now, Hewpoe, does have an arc! And, i actually think it worked better than Lolo, at least i think.
Well Lunatea's Veil in general just is all over the place in its story, it has a cooler concept, but, i don't think it is as well executed as Door to Phantomile's.

Lolo's arc is obvious, it is in your face, but as i said... Hewpoe, it is not apparent at first, but, once you re-play this game, you, really start to realize, you can also vaguely realize it on your first playthrough.

Now, spoilers of course.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/