Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Multiplayer possibility in Phantasy Reverie?  (Read 573 times)

Offline Leeu

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
Multiplayer possibility in Phantasy Reverie?
« on: February 14, 2022, 06:51:32 pm »
Hello dream travelers, days after seeing Klonoa's collection reveal I started to think about if one feature available in Klonoa: Lunatea's Veil that probably not many people know about is going to be available! :unsure:

Klonoa Beach Volleyball might be the only game in the series to have actual multiplayer, but the main game released for Playstation 2 has this hidden feature (or cheat like some Youtube videos name it) know as Popka Jump, using a second controller just press start button for Popka to join the game and help the main hero with extra jumps, but after doing the action he remains x_x for a few seconds until being able to do it again!

It's basically just "one button press" gameplay for other player, Popka is not fully playable in this game and automaticaly follows the player where he goes, if he's left behind he just flies back to Klonoa...I might not be the only one who wants it to be upgrated to a better option coop for the collection, at least that's what I think. :sleeping:

I won't be surprised if this feature is not going to be available again, but making Popka fully playable with his own differences sounds like a great idea, not really sure about the surfing levels or boss battles, well not every platform game is made with more than 1 player in mind but still manages to be fun at most attempts. :)
For his neutral special, he enters in a gun!

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: Multiplayer possibility in Phantasy Reverie?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 06:53:28 pm »
Lol, no, how would that work well with a game designed like this? +, there is only 1 ring, and that feature would be pretty pointless, like, it would be co-op with no co-operation, + DtP and LV are the only games coming there.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

YukarinUniversalTraveler

Re: Multiplayer possibility in Phantasy Reverie?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 07:16:11 pm »
I mean, the only viable option for multiplayer would be adding Leorina as the 2nd player character, because she has the 2nd ring, but that wouldn't make ANY sense in DtP, and would break the idea of L'sV.
And at any case, if they were to make it a co-operative game they'd make it like Kirby's Dreamland 3 or Kirby Superstar, in which the Player 2 character is based on an enemy of Player 1's choice, which still wouldn't make a lot of sense since pretty much all of the enemies in Klonoa are, like, passive-aggressive n' stuff.