No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Making a Phantomilian vocabulary  (Read 14927 times)

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: Making a Phantomilian vocabulary
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2022, 12:03:37 pm »
To shape this vocabulary, it needs alot of re-structuring, so i'll be working as of now with this: (UNFINISHED)

Keep in mind

Nothing is literal translation, because that isn't possible, just logic, the examples i'll give isn't all of it could be used as, you have to follow the logic and pattern, translating can be anything but would give the same sense.

The Hi Logic: Is the priroritized word, gives the general meaning and logic to the word, altho, gives no exact word, any word of low logic that is coupled with it, low logic is never prioritized, but helps it give another meaning.

The Low Logic: Is the word that helps re-enforce a meaning, altho does not give the main meaning of it.

Hi Logic expressions:

Oo / Pu - General positivity, general affirmation, way to express a feeling, could be used as anything in that sense.
Examples: Okay, right, yes, alright, (expression of joy, but no word).

Ya - General negativity, general disagreement, way to express a feeling, could be used as anything in that sense.
Examples: No, not, (expression of pain, but no word).

Ee - General question, unsure, way to express it, could be used as anything in that sense.
Examples: What, why, (feeling of question, but no word).

Urudu - General direction, movement related, used anything in that sense.
Examples: Go, going.

Low Logic expressions: (In need of more research and learning, might not be accurate now)

Wa / Du - Unsure as of now, but could be used as a general way to direct the message to others, a reply of some sorts, such as "wahoo", could be a reply to somebody telling them "right" or something like it.

Mag - Could be used as refering to it-self, the speaker. (?)

More to be done and corrected, still unfinished, but this is a foundation for my vocabulary.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Mr.KokoPudgeFudge

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • I'm a guy who thinks way too much
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2022, 01:32:09 pm »
I think we need to sit down and try and decode this language and figure out it's grammar, because I would love to just talk in this language!
AHA! "Laku Du"! :D Most people spelt it like "Lakudu", "Du" is listed as "You", which may mean "Laku du" literally translates to "Help You", so I'm assuming "Laku" means "Help me"!

Italian has various forms of verbs depending on the subject, for example, "Voglio" means I want, and "Voui" means You want, both in the present form.
Phantomilian must have different verbs as well, but they may vary on the object, rather than subject! "Laku" must mean "To help me" or simply "Help me"!

So if I'm right, "Laku du" must literally translate to "Help me you" or "You help me"!

Feels like I've just has a eureka moment! :D

EDIT: Hmm... Why stop there? Maybe we can split it further as "La Ku Du"?

The only term I could find in the vocabulary that contains "me" as the object is "Korya shitusrei" (Excuse me), but I see no connection... :(

EDIT 2: Wait! ...Maybe it's actually "Lakutu", as "tu" is also in "Korya shitusrei", which may mean "tu" means "me", not "you"... I'm thinking too much into it, aren't I? :(

Okay, "tu" probably doesn't mean "me", cuz

1. "Korya shitusrei" is a typo of "Korya shitsurei", which is just Japanese.

2. The dictionary post says the first-person pronoun is "fia".

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2022, 02:06:42 am »
Nothing relevant to say, but this discussion reminds me of this thread : https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=2246.10

Offline Mr.KokoPudgeFudge

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • I'm a guy who thinks way too much
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2022, 03:25:56 pm »
Nothing relevant to say, but this discussion reminds me of this thread : https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=2246.10

That IS relevant! It's a research paper on Phantomilian! This's the kinda stuff I was lookin for! Thanks a bunch, dude!  :D