The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Super Mario Maker Discussion Thread!  (Read 8816 times)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Super Mario Maker Discussion Thread!
« on: September 13, 2015, 10:02:30 am »
To start off, Super Mario Maker is a Mario game where you can create and play your own Mario levels based off 4 iconic styles, or levels that other people around the world have made. And yed, you can play as Waluigi.

So, I made this topic for you guys to share with us any levels you've been making, as well as any good (OR TERRIBAD) levels yo've played online. There's...a lot more of the latter than I'd like to admit. You can also, of course, discuss the other aspects of the game, too, like the sample levels, the costumes, neat tips you found out about the editor, or the hoards of little easter eggs sprinkled throughout the game! Trust me, there's a ton of them.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
Re: Super Mario Maker Discussion Thread!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 10:49:00 am »
Oh, after millions billions of super mario clones with built-in level editors, they decided to make an offical one? Cool.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 03:09:21 pm »
I was just going to make a thread about this too. Thought I'd give it a try since I've used Lunar Magic for years.

Anyway I got this game, I made a few levels. They're a little challenging but not impossible. If you want I'll give you the course level names if you want to give them a try.

In fact if anyone got any levels to share feel free to put them in this thread and we can comment and like them.

Oh, after millions billions of super mario clones with built-in level editors, they decided to make an offical one? Cool.
Yeah, except now anyone can make levels with relative easy as opposed to Mario Bros clones, though I can't think of any clones (Except for Super Mario Bros X) that comes with an editor. Lunar Magic is for straight up hacking Super Mario World levels, design, etc.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 03:50:58 pm »
Well, Dars, since you did say it's okay to share levels with each other, then I got just the level for you guys! I call it...Volcano Bakemeat, I Guess. Not sure why I called it that. I just...did. Basically, it's a level involving some Kuribo's shoes, spinning saw blades and, erm, Lucario. It was my first legitimate level, I have the right to indulge a little. There's also something else somewhere, but you'd have to jump through a few hoops to see it.

Anyways, the code for it is 753F-0000-0028-A814.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 03:56:51 pm »
I only uploaded two levels for now:

Trampoline World: A world of enemy trampolines  (402C-0000-0030-D7D9)
Dank Underground level: So much swag in one level  (7CE7-0000-002B-78F5)

I'll be making more once I figure out how to get more stuff unlocked. :\

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 04:18:13 pm »
I'll be making more once I figure out how to get more stuff unlocked. :\

Oh, I think I can help you with that "unlocking" bit, if you aren't already aware of the circumstances. Though, the way I put it would likely come out as "cheesing the system", one might say. I mean, it doesn't take very long (anymore), so there's not much to cheese, I suppose...anyways...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hope that helps some. There's also a few other things that can be unlocked, but they aren't anything immediately important...just worry about making stages and playing through the 10/100-Mario challenges, for now.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 04:20:05 pm by Sable-Xeno »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 06:41:47 pm »
Thanks Xeno, that actually did help! I finally got all the different sets plus SMB3 art assets. I'd have more but my gamepad was going to die.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 05:38:46 pm »
New level! Easier than the last ones...since I get complaints about them being hard...

Kill the Bowser (CB9B-0000-003E-8174)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 05:53:45 pm »
Easier than the last ones...since I get complaints about them being hard...

Complaints about them being hard? Well, I can't speak for the first one, but Dank Cave wasn't exactly "hard". It was, what I would say, "challenging". If your level is too hard for someone, well, then they're probably not good enough at the game to beat it, or didn't have the patience to. After all, you HAVE to clear a level in order to submit it, so no level is truly "impossible".

As for your newest level, it almost felt...empty? Like, it could've been really challenging, but as you said, you did make it "easier". Though, I never noticed P-switched turned off conveyor belts until now, and I hadn't thought of having Spinies placed on conveyor belts. Both of those could lead to some devilishly tricky maeuvers, if placed just right...

I guess I could also mention I'm currently working on another level, though outside of an idea on what it could be, I have no idea what to actually utilize within it. I'm thinkin' something challenging, but not hair-tearry like the mid-section of my last level.
Oh, who am I kiddin', of course I'm gonna make a brutal level, it's in my blood

Edit: It occurs to me that I may' e spoken hastily. If it is yyour intent to make levels that are "fun" first and formesr, making them "easy" would probably be in one's best interest. But I personally find the best levels to be ones that are challenging, but not to the point of "Kaizo Mario" levels. Everyone has their preference of difficulty, but don't let other's preferences get in the way of your own design! Acknowledge them, and occasionally cater them, but don't bend over backwards for them.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:02:06 pm by Sable-Xeno »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 10:54:14 pm »
I made Trampoline World: Brutal Edition. Think you got what it takes to pass?

A952-0000-0085-BB04

Next up I'm making a Splatoon themed level.