Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Poll

What video game genres are you into most?

Action
Action/Adventure
Adventure
FPS (First Person Shooter)
RPG (Role Playing Game)
Simulation
Sports
Strategy
Survival horror
Platformer
Puzzle
3PS (Third Person Shooter)
Beat 'em Ups
Fighting
Shoot 'em Ups
Turn-based
Text-based
Educational
MMO

Author Topic: Video Game Genres  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
Video Game Genres
« on: July 20, 2015, 11:51:31 am »
If you have other video game genres that comes in mind, just post it here. :)

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
Re: Video Game Genres
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 12:02:39 pm »
I'm so confused about life ask.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 01:55:35 pm »
I would have selected 7 or 8 of these. About the only genre I won't play is sports usually.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 08:36:51 pm »
I don't know what platformers fall under so I put "adventure" for that...

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 08:41:41 pm »
It's a shame that fighting games aren't listed here, cuz I'm a huge fighting game nut. But I guess they technically also classify as Action games, so yeah...

EDIT: Fighting games are in the list now? Sweet ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:47:31 am by AlphaRed9X »
It a me

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 10:08:11 pm »
There's some options that are sorely missing. I'm gonna edit the poll and restart it.

EDIT: I added more options, I also reset the poll and made the choice for five now. :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 10:14:15 pm by the_darai »

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 12:01:25 am »
Truth be told, I was half-asleep when I was doing this poll so my sincere apologies. :(

Also, I'm done with the vote. ;D

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 12:07:41 am »
Truth be told, I was half-asleep when I was doing this poll so my sincere apologies. :(

Also, I'm done with the vote. ;D

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
oh yeah I forgot about that.  I'll add that on too

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 01:13:59 am »
There's some options that are sorely missing. I'm gonna edit the poll and restart it.

EDIT: I added more options, I also reset the poll and made the choice for five now. :)

Don't poll vote why forget is anything okay.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 08:52:35 pm »
Action RPGs are the main reasons I play video games. Kotor I&II were great, played them to death...but I actually didn't play Mass Effect with such fervor. I only played through Mass Effect once and did not get far on the second pass. Mass Effect 1&2 were okay and I loved the Vanguard abilities but there was so much talking...much politics...I guess I just wasn't as inspired by the Mass Effect universe though it was better than watching most movies as of late.

Though I played Kotor to death I was surprised when I really couldn't get involved in SWTOR. There were only 2 instances I really felt connected to my character; when I had competitive gear in PvP and early at level 20-ish on Taris (both solo and coop with my bro). As for Taris I would attest the connection to be due to the toons earned enough abilities to keep me active. Coop with my bro and pushing the aggro limit against the rakgoul swarm made for some really close calls and really immersed me into my character and the teamwork.

Ultimately if Bioware were to take the level design and choice effects of Kotor and make it an mmo...it would be the first mmo I would be immersed deeply into. Yes, one of the biggest turn offs from SWTOR for me was the excessive scale of every object, house, building and the lack of choices that actually changed the game. How Bioware could make a game where choices matter idk...but keeping it within the player instances was fine.

For now my favorite pc games of all time are Savage 1, Titan Quest and Kotor...and soon to be Grim Dawn I hope. Leveling up purely fantasy sci-fi characters and playing with friends is just the way to go for me.

When I was younger I played a lot of fps games...I still kinda do but they really need to grab my need of fantasy. AvP2010 has it but there are so many bugs and the multiplayer just doesn't work anymore (cheaters/exploits, ect). Firefall was great, amazing, hours and hours of playtime...until the Open Beta patch when the game flipped mechancis and... :( I guess it's what happens when most of their money comes from Asian investors [I'm actually mega sad and a little salty about it]...Seeing trailers for Overwatch makes me laugh, it's pre-Open beta Firefall just without the Open World PvE