Everyone needs a little Joka in their lives. <3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Heroes Appreciation Thread.  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Klonoa Heroes Appreciation Thread.
« on: May 25, 2015, 08:10:22 pm »
I enjoyed this game a lot despite not being able to read much in game and having to rely on the translation threads for a some things. The game is not near as easy as I expected. Actually near the end it got sorta difficult but definitely fun for me. Maybe I've just become borderline a Klonoa fanatic now but something about this game as well made me happy just playing it. I enjoyed the game play plenty and most bosses were no push over which I don't like overly easy bosses anyways. Some of the visions were pretty lengthy but my style of game play possibly contributed to it. I like trying rid each map of every enemy I see save I'm not under a time limit. Between the translation threads and such I like the story too and this one's version of Nahatomb was really intriguing to me.

My favorite weapon in the game still remains Klonoa's Parasol. No it is not the most OP weapon it's sorta hard to use at first but I love it for being as ridiculous as it is and my favorite alt character is Pango. He's super laid back and conversely is quite a monster when it comes to combat

If you have not played it yet I'd say it's well worth it if you are patient with trying to figure out what does what or can read Japanese well enough. I still want to replay it again as soon as an English patch is available

Soo. Share experiences here in this thread if you have played this game I'd like to hear other people's take on this one.

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
Re: Klonoa Heroes Appreciation Thread.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 08:53:33 pm »
I'd love for a remake to happen. So that it has a second shot at actually being brought over.

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 11:47:38 pm »
I remember when I opened a door with a key - Surprise! There's just another key, nothing else.

I'd love for a remake to happen. So that it has a second shot at actually being brought over.
Whoa, that hit me from nowhere.
You didn't even mention why the game is worthy of a remake.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:05:25 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 11:44:59 am »
You know.. I was trying to focus on the positive things about the game not the negative. So that people will at lest try the game. For me it was every bit worth trying.

I don't think it gets enough attention here beyond just a few things. I was hoping to see what people played it tell me what they enjoyed about it for their first time playing it. Not sit there and pic out the little things gone wrong in it. No it is not perfect no game is but I sort of wish this one got more attention out of the Klonoa games.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 07:11:34 pm »
In my opinion Klonoa Heroes has the best story of all the Klonoa games. A lot of character development for all three of the main characters and a good look at parts of Lunatea we hadn't seen before and a nice revisit to those we had seen before, and a theme of heroism which gets the player thinking. That plus the fact that they "killed" Klonoa (I swear I cried when I got to that part because it was so much more unexpected than even the death of his Grandpa in the first game) really made it an exciting watch (I watched it on YouTube because it provided the English translations in the cutscenes) that really didn't get the gameplay it deserved.

And honestly the gameplay wasn't too terrible (I started playing it after I watched it so I could understand some of how to play) or uncomfortable to adapt to. Yes unfortunately things get pretty hard at the end and there was a lot of annoyance between having to handle multiple enemies with different bullets and bombs and I do not doubt at all that the gameplay could be better. This game NEEDS a remake because this story deserves some revamped gameplay (I think it could benefit from some 3D engine, too).

Unfortunately the reason it wasn't released in the U.S. leads me to believe that even a remake wouldn't make its way here. America didn't want to soil a kids' game franchise with references to alcohol and swearing, and it is pretty dark compared to the other games. Personally I wouldn't want it censored if it was brought over here (I really don't like it when people censor art forms unless someone has actual malicious intent) but I'll take what I can get I suppose...

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 11:59:38 am »
This is one of the very few games that made me cry. :embarassed:  :|  :)
Guess what... You're a Cutie