For each time you go to Idle Chatter, Lolo trips over an object.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Poll

Well?

Huepow
10 (50%)
Lolo
5 (25%)
Chipple
0 (0%)
Guntz
3 (15%)
Someone Else (Explain)
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: So ... Who is Klonoa's Best Friend?  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
So ... Who is Klonoa's Best Friend?
« on: August 19, 2016, 11:08:05 pm »
A question I thought up on my way to work today. 

To expand the question more, what characters do you think make up Klonoa's circle of friends?

When I say " circle of friends " I mean the characters that he would usually hang around with.

Like in Sonic Tails, Amy, and Knuckles are the usual suspects. Then in Mario he has Peach, Luigi, Toad, and more recently Rosalina. When you think " Klonoa and his friends " which characters come to mind? 

Offline Magus

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -20
Re: So ... Who is Klonoa's Best Friend?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 11:28:00 pm »
Isnt Huepow his best friend? And when I think or his friends, itd be Huepow, Isabella, and Popka the dog. Cant think of anyone else unless his secret admirer Tat counts.
I'm John Doe and I'm anonymous.

Offline Dish

• Gone with the Wind
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Hi! I'm Dish!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 02:46:07 am »
im a sucker for the whole "behind the scenes, all the cast hangs out and are friends" so id like to imagine all of the cast (that's still around ofc) from Phantomile/Lunatea (shuttup im including King of Sorrow here too)

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 09:21:47 am »
Ah, the Mario Route.

Stomp Boswer on Wednesday. Go golfing with him on Sunday. See you next week. ;D

And oh wow not getting the anwer I thought I would.
I know he has some sort of sibling-escue relationship with Guntz from what I heard of heroes anyway, But I can't confirm.

Klonoa confirms that Guntz is his friend in the Webcomic. The Big Bad also confirms this.

Their relationship in Heroes is ... complicated. Klonoa considers Guntz his friend as early as World 3. You know, the World where he betrays and abandons him. Guntz never says that he was friends with Klonoa, but it becomes apparent that he is friends with Klonoa and Pango in World 7 where all sorts of spoiler-esqe stuff goes down.

Even discounting Heroes and Namco x Capcom they came out as friends at the end of Dream Champ.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 10:21:59 am »
I wish I could pick more than one answer.

I consider both Huepow and Lolo to be his best friends, he cares about them and they care about him. It's quite easy to see how Lolo cares for him (I like to think she gets pretty protective of him, but it's hard not to be protective of someone as precious as Klo :embarassed: ) though I feel like people always write off Huepow as a bad person/someone who doesn't care about Klonoa, but just looking at the way he holds onto Klonoa at the end of Door to Phantomile convinced me that he really did care about him. And in Empire of Dreams the two still seem to be on good terms (I still believe that the GBA games happened post Lunatea's Veil) and he even writes to Klonoa and his friends during the Dream Champ Tournament.

I mean, Klonoa is a really friendly, pretty social person, but I think that those two are probably his closest friends, and the ones he hangs around the most, Huepow in the dream world, and Lolo in the waking world. That's it, too, that he does have a different entourage depending on where he travels, so multiple best friends just makes sense.

And yeah, the point in Heroes that you see Guntz really caring for Klonoa is in Severe Spoiler TerritoryTM but it still always makes me cry and I love it.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 11:11:13 am »
Tat. It's obviously Tat. In fact Tat is his only friend. Period. Also Leorina.

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 01:06:34 pm »
Tat wants to be more than friends, tho'

Huepow comes off as a case of doing the wrong thing for the right reason. Tricking Klonoa like that and putting him through emotional trauma was not only terrible, but as it turns out completely necessary since he would have helped him anyway. In any case it doesn't look like they harbor any ill will against each other which makes sense. By the end of DTP they actually were friends. Klonoa didn't care that Huepow manipulated him.

I wish I could pick more than one answer.

I debated it, but for the interest of gathering data/different opinions I want to see who people would choose if they were given one choice.

Offline RicAlbuquerque

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 05:56:21 pm »
i think huepow is his best friend (also klonoa uses LSD because he dreams about blue balls shaped ring spirits)
Awaiting the return of our lord and savior Pac-Man

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 08:01:19 pm »
i think huepow is his best friend (also klonoa uses LSD because he dreams about blue balls shaped ring spirits)
Again, please stay on topic or make a separate topic.

As far as the topic goes, I don't really feel like I can weigh in. For me it's not something that can be narrowed down to one choice. It's between Lolo and Huepow for me.
Only thing I can say for sure is it's definitely not Chipple, lol.

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 08:19:36 pm »
Only thing I can say for sure is it's definitely not Chipple, lol.

... I thought it could be Chipple.

After Klonoa got beaten in the Breezegale Chapter of Heroes he didn't go to Lolo or Popka. He went to Chipple for advice. He was also hanging out with Chipple at the very beginning of the game and became alarmed when Chipple was affected by that stuff that went down in World 7. In Dream Champ and Beach Volleyball they seemed to be fairly close.

It's also interesting that Chipple (along with Popka) were the only one of Klonoa's main recurring friends to neither willingly attack him nor deceive him for their own personal gain. Though I guess you can argue that Popka was in on the Lolo-thing since he didn't try to stop it.

I mean, it's not the most exciting option since Chipple is the Krillin of this series and they've never actually gone an a character developing adventure together. Then again, Krillin is Goku's best friend despite being weak, mostly useless, nearly contributing to the destruction of Earth and Goku's permanent death that one time, and generally uninteresting compared to the Alien Monkey-God.