No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What game should I buy?  (Read 3589 times)

Offline Wah!

• Trying to stay awake...
  • Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Hoo! [DeeMan With Bread on Discord]
What game should I buy?
« on: January 21, 2016, 11:32:03 pm »
I have a chance to buy another Klonoa game but I'm not sure which game to buy. I own the Wii remake and Empire of Dreams. Should I get Luntea's veil or a different game?

Offline VikVanHazel

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • How curious...
Re: What game should I buy?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 12:08:14 am »
The answer to that question depends on your preference in terms of game play.
If you would rather play Empire of Dreams over the Wii remake, then perhaps Dream Champ Tournament would be the better option. Otherwise, go with Lunatea's Veil!

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 12:19:46 am »
Please please please get Lunatea's Veil...

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 04:12:43 am »
Lunatea's Veil if you want more anime style art better gameplay graphics and a nice story.
Door to Phantomile if you like storybook style art ps1 nostalgia cuteness and a nice story.

I'm a bad person to ask because I like both of them deeply in different ways.
Klonoa heroes is nice too but it is not in english :c

Toss a dice.

Offline CalmSerenity

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 52
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 10:51:33 am »
I'd say go for Lunatea's Veil if you've already played the Wiimake.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 12:03:34 pm »
If you liked the 2D gameplay of Empire of Dreams and the music then get Dream Champs.
If you liked Door to Phantomile for its 2.5D and its style of music go for Klonoa 2: Luntea.

Imo, from my perspective I would go with Klonoa 2: LV regardless of which style I liked more. Reasoning is all the handheld klonoa games are available on *cough* emulators*cough* whereas Klonoa 2: LV is better *cough* played on a console *cough*

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 02:24:56 pm »
Dont buy the wiimake... just... dont... because the original DtP is on the Playstation store for $6 and is just the better version....

EDIT: Sorry. I misread the OP. I'd say that the original DtP is still worth it because of it's relatively low price and the fact that it's the better version.

If you wanna buy a GBA game, there is always the possibility emulating it, GBA emulators are free and literally everywhere for every platform... However if you want to own one for the sake of making a collection, or you want to give your money to the Wii U version (I chose all three, I have three different versions of the GBA games  :embarassed: ) I still think Empire of Dreams is better than Dream Champ, because the story and music is better... (Dream Champ does have better graphics, though)

On amazon I believe the GBA games go for around $6 and they're (?????) $5 on the Wii U? Somebody come correct me on that. Klonoa Heroes can't be found on amazon and is $13 on ebay (for just the pak and no box).

There's also Klonoa Beach Volley  :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

(Emulate that, really,) (Unless you have a European or Japanese PS1/PS2/PS3)

Lunatea's Veil comes to be the most expensive of all the games (unless you care to play the wonderswan game, in which case, be prepared to shell out $40 at the least) at around $20 (not including shipping) for a used copy on amazon. This is how I got my copy.

Honestly I think that DtP is the best value if you buy it from the PSS, but it's your choice in the end... I have very strong, unpopular opinions concerning Klonoa 1 and 2, so I'm not really here to talk which game is objectively better, I'm focusing more on pricing... I hope this helps in any way...!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 02:27:23 pm by Artsy »

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • inactive
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 02:39:19 pm »
I'd say that the original DtP is still worth it because of it's relatively low price and the fact that it's the better version.
Uhhh the original DtP is easily the most expensive from what I've seen, like, for years? Like, it's sold for $100~200 in most places online. It is not cheap unless you get really lucky, as far as I know.

Offline gamr13

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 05:26:23 pm »
Uhhh the original DtP is easily the most expensive from what I've seen, like, for years? Like, it's sold for $100~200 in most places online. It is not cheap unless you get really lucky, as far as I know.

Preeeeetty sure he meant from PSN.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • inactive
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 05:39:43 pm »
Preeeeetty sure he meant from PSN.
Ok, well, if one has PSN as an option, sure. If not, then it's still the most expensive game.