Everyone needs a little Joka in their lives. <3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What movie(s) did you just watch?  (Read 552 times)

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
Re: What movie(s) did you just watch?
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2024, 09:59:04 pm »
Video game Cartoons of the 90's were something else, for sure. :)

I can't belive I really wanted video game cartoons when I was arround 12  :embarassed:

Oh definitely! I didn’t care if the show was bad, just as long as it was based off of a game I liked!

Things felt so different as a kid. Whenever I see Netflix or whatever announce a show based off a game, I goran. :unsure:

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2024, 10:38:48 pm »
Thought I’d give this film another chance because I found a VHS at a thrift shop as well as Die Another Day for basically nothing. I remember finding this film pretty underwhelming and forgetful when I first watched it.
It was better this time around, though still not as good as Brosnan’s first 2 007 films.
Now onto Die Another Day…

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2024, 04:32:53 pm »
Me and my mates decided that we should watch movies specifically from the year 2005, and at first we regretfully started with a John Carpenter adaptation named "The Fog".

While great atmosphere and cinematography, this piece of film has incredibly rubbish writing. The characters are uninspiring and the dialogue is very...undesirable. We shafted it halfway because no one was paying attention to it, in fact we were just making fun of it the whole time. For a horror movie is sure is horrifyingly terrible!

A few days later we decided to give The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D  a go because we wanted to have a good laugh remembering some repressed childhood memories!

And in retrospect...it wasn't that bad as some folks say, but they are still correct in assessing that it was not as good as Robert Rodriguez' Spy Kids trilogy.

This one's quite held back by its lackluster storytelling, it only gets "interesting" near the end when the villains reveal their motivations, which by the way George Lopez steals the show with his role. He goes full on Senator Armstrong with a singular quote that I'm sure some of you remember.  :bad_straight_face:
The central theme around dreams was wasted on punchlines and bad puns unfortunately, not much else to say about that (Other than Klonoa did it better  :D).

It looked to me that this movie was made as a sort of CGI benchmark for the company that produced it, especially given the emphasis on 3D techniques like making several objects shoot towards the camera to accentuate the effect. This seems important given the trend with 3D movies was waning on those years.

I personally think most of the CGI dream world sequences were pretty neat for what they were, I particularly noted how consistent the placement and movement of the actors were in most of the angles and shots. Most of the time. Though it is hardly an improvement over the comparable Spy Kids 3.

Though yeah those are my thoughts, ain't movie nights sweet?

Yeah!  :)
It's on YouTube and everything.

I didn't know this was a thing and I am not sure if I should be amused or terrified. I might just check it out.

Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2024, 06:32:00 pm »

This movie was something else. It's fun in it's own right but as a 007 film, it goes a little over the top. I enjoyed it regardless, despite the VHS version being Pan and Scan only...

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2024, 04:31:17 pm »
I just finished watching Wakko's Wish today. This was my second time watching it. 

It's a good film. It's a fun, silly, emotional film, and is a great finale of the original Animaniacs series.

I quite enjoyed watching this film.

A few days later we decided to give The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D  a go because we wanted to have a good laugh remembering some repressed childhood memories!

And in retrospect...it wasn't that bad as some folks say, but they are still correct in assessing that it was not as good as Robert Rodriguez' Spy Kids trilogy.
Oh boy. I have never seen this film before, but I looked this up and saw screenshots of it.. and it's certainly something, alright :embarassed:

Certainly doesn't seem like a film I'd enjoy

This movie was something else. It's fun in it's own right but as a 007 film, it goes a little over the top. I enjoyed it regardless, despite the VHS version being Pan and Scan only...

Die another day.. Now that's a film I've never heard of before

Me and my mates decided that we should watch movies specifically from the year 2005, and at first we regretfully started with a John Carpenter adaptation named "The Fog".

While great atmosphere and cinematography, this piece of film has incredibly rubbish writing. The characters are uninspiring and the dialogue is very...undesirable. We shafted it halfway because no one was paying attention to it, in fact we were just making fun of it the whole time. For a horror movie is sure is horrifyingly terrible!
Ahhh, so a horror film that's so bad, you'll start mocking the film after a while.

I have a good feeling it's not even scary at all
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.