For each time you go to Idle Chatter, Lolo trips over an object.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Baby dolphin dies after tourists pass it around for selfies.  (Read 4939 times)

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
Baby dolphin dies after tourists pass it around for selfies.
« on: February 19, 2016, 04:34:34 pm »
I just found this while reading some news, just wanted to share it.

The selfie culture has done it once again as beachgoers in Argentina pulled out an endangered baby dolphin out of the water to take photos. If that is not appalling enough, here's what is: the poor animal was left on the sand to die.

The incident happened in a beach resort in the town of Santa Teresita, Buenos Aires. A video footage shows how one man scooped up the baby dolphin out of the water, which drew the attention of a curious mob.

After the hustle, the dolphin was just left on the sand to die. No one appeared to have shown concern or stepped up to save the dolphin. No one even attempted to return the animal back to the water.

All the people, including some children, seemed too eager to touch the animal. Some were also seen holding camera phones, most probably to take selfies.

Call For Action

The Argentine Wildlife Foundation reacted to the incident and released a statement urging the public to return dolphins back in the water in case found on the shore.

The agency acknowledged that at least one animal has died and considers the incident as a way to inform the public about the right thing to do in such circumstances.

"It is vital that people help to rescue these animals," the statement reads.

La Plata Dolphins

La Plata dolphins are among the smallest species of dolphins in the world. The animals usually measure about 1.30 to 1.70 meters (4 to 5.5 feet) long.

The dolphins are also called Franciscans because of their brown skin tones, just like the color of the habit of Franciscan monks.

La Plata dolphins are rare and only found in three countries: Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay. In Argentina, the dolphins mostly settle off the coasts of Buenos Aires, where there are only about 30,000 residents or less.

The International Union for Conservation of Nature says the endangered La Plata dolphins are at risk of extinction.

The number of lost dolphins are not easily recovered. The dolphins cannot stay out of the water for too long because they have very thick and greasy skin, which gives warmth. Scooping them up from the water will quickly dehydrate the animals and cause death.

I wanted to say something about these people, but since they are all over PG-13 limit, I'll not say anything this time. This is just disgusting. There should be a ban for carrying and using camera phones.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/134763/20160219/endangered-baby-dolphin-left-to-die-in-the-sand-after-beachgoers-pulled-it-out-of-the-water-for-selfies.htm
https://news.yahoo.com/baby-dolphin-dies-after-tourists-pull-it-from-124230809.html

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
Re: Baby dolphin dies after tourists pass it around for selfies.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 04:56:55 pm »
As a very big lover of animals, this downright disgusts me and makes me realize how messed up most people are. They're willing to down right KILL a helpless baby animal, just to take a selfie? Are you kidding me?
It just... Ugh I seriously feel sick right now, these people make me sick.
People blame extinctions on environment and change of climate and stuff, but what they don't admit is that humans were what caused the environment and climate to change in the first place. Humans have all the power they need to stop extinctions, yet they chose not to for selfish reasons. I truly enrages me

Offline KenjiDraco

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • I want to see Crash Bandicoot and Klonoa crossover
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 05:27:48 pm »
I'm really sad and mad at the same time. Those tourists only care about themselves than the endangered baby La Plata Dolphin. Those Tourists are Weaklings  :very_angry:

I hope everyone learn from this mistakes and something like this won't happen again  :(

Master Of Fantasy FTW! Signatures were made by Yasha_Kazumenashi.

Offline Braixen

• Attends nightly prank call meetings
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
  • Wario
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 07:05:13 pm »
I knew that selfies where evil.

Offline Alexinator

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: -6
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 07:13:02 pm »
Hearing about animals being abused makes me very angry  :very_angry:

Humans are truly disgusting.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:54:06 pm by Alexinator »

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 07:55:24 pm »
Dolphin fish sickness skill death cross water swimming island.  :(

Offline Antoid

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 9
    • Tumblr:
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 08:17:02 pm »
Currently, we live in a culture more concerned of ourselves than others.
So when something like this happens: a complete disregard of life - endangered or otherwise - for a selfie, It's very disappointing...

Hear that? We're not angry, we're just very, very disappointed :angry:

Offline SyraxAxoJaxco

• Kinesthetic Storyteller. Dancer, for short.
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Alola, digidestined~
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 09:04:31 pm »
Well, what else could we expect from those 'silly selfie-doers'? :(
They care nothing except a buncha' selfies, even if it means a victim is essential!

Well, what we can do now to prevent the same thing to happen again is, (at least) not doing the same, stupid action again.
Agree? :|

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline DJ Negative

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • 18 | Drum & Bass | Negative Recordings [US]
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 09:29:07 pm »
I spoke my two cents on this situation on a different forum along with many others (PROFANITY ALERT):
http://www.dogsonacid.com/threads/dolphin-dies-being-passed-around-for-selfies.776619/

I still can't believe that humanity has gotten to the point that certain people would kill innocent animals just for a picture. I hope that everyone involved feel terrible about what they have done. Truly sickening.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 10:09:06 pm »
I could rant a looooooooooooot about this.
But I'd rather keep it short. I'm comparing the people who do those things to being utterly heartless. It disturbs me bad when people disregard others lives even an animal that much over such silly simple things.