Moos are watching you ◉ω◉

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: General Klonoa Questions Thread  (Read 2870 times)

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
General Klonoa Questions Thread
« on: October 21, 2014, 06:35:00 am »
As the name implies, this is a thread for users to ask questions about the Klonoa series.

The idea is this: you have a question, right? Problem is, you don't think the question warrants its own thread. That's where this thread comes in.

Now, since I started the thread, I shall ask the first question: my own memory is kinda foggy on this, so maybe this was explained, but in the first game, why was altering Klonoa's memory necessary? Seems like he would have been willing to at least try to stop madness without any memory alterations.

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: General Klonoa Questions Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 06:39:44 am »
That question I've been wondering a similar version myself for a long time. So I'll just say I 2nd the above question.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 07:15:24 am »
1. Huepoe is afraid that the person he summoned could be reluctant.
2. Huepoe wants a friend; remember what did the queen say when Klonoa saw her for the first time?
3. It has something to do with the concept of the game.

Just saying.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 07:49:49 am »
Maybe Huepow wants a friend, just like what Rolling said.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 04:58:19 pm »
I have a question, though I already brought it up in another topic...

Why was there a coupon for a FISH TACO, of all things, in the case for Klonoa Wii? a few other questions, actually...

I know we've discussed what species Klonoa is, but...What species is POPKA?

Where does Guntz keep all those oversized guns?

And...what possible use could Garlen have from turning fighters into gears? I mean, they're just a few gears, you'd need a lot more than a few to make a MECHANICAL EMPIRE. Wait, better question- what purpose would he have from turning the winner of a mostly-STRENGTH contest, Klonoa, into a mechanical brain, used primarily for THINKING? Seriously, that whole game felt like it had some plot holes...

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline ✩♥Di Gi Charat♥✩

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 46
  • Meteor Mash!!♥
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 05:45:08 pm »

Why was there a coupon for a FISH TACO, of all things, in the case for Klonoa Wii? a few other questions, actually...

And...what possible use could Garlen have from turning fighters into gears? I mean, they're just a few gears, you'd need a lot more than a few to make a MECHANICAL EMPIRE. Wait, better question- what purpose would he have from turning the winner of a mostly-STRENGTH contest, Klonoa, into a mechanical brain, used primarily for THINKING? Seriously, that whole game felt like it had some plot holes...

IKR

Click to enlarge!♥
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline YouDontKnowWhoIam

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 05:54:01 pm »
Your icon reminds me of Digi.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 06:13:52 pm »

Obviously Garlen is turning people into gears to take over the world(s). The gears would be his army and Klonoa would be the general. Popka's obviously a dog. As for where Gantz keeps is giant guns, that's a good question.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 10:33:42 pm »
... in the first game, why was altering Klonoa's memory necessary? Seems like he would have been willing to at least try to stop madness without any memory alterations.
I actually never thought about that myself. But I guess it's because of the fact that Klonoa never existed in Phantomile, and Huepow probably didn't want Klonoa to feel that he didn't belong.  :unsure:

But I also think that scene was keeping up with the Dream World theme of the game, which is also why the intro cinematic was so abrupt and confusing. It's just like how we experience our own dreams; things are so sporadic and surreal, and afterwards we can only remember a small part of it.
It a me