Browsing this site on a smartphone? Be sure to browse it in landscape for the best experience!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Vision 1-1 Unity remake project (need people!)  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
Klonoa Vision 1-1 Unity remake project (need people!)
« on: July 08, 2014, 07:46:36 pm »
The title says all, I want to remake the first vision in the game for unity training and if it comes out good, I want to send this to Namco too (for Klonoa 3). The only problem is: I need artists to help me with assets making, someone needs to do hd sprites of the originals, someone help with models/textures and maybe someone for programming. Who is with me?

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Klonoa Vision 1-1 Unity remake project (need people!)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 08:07:04 pm »
Textures I can try unless someone better beats me to it.

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Moo!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 08:23:35 pm »
Textures I can try unless someone better beats me to it.

it doesn't matter, the more the merrier :P

Offline dragee

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ♩♪♩♩♪
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 12:47:41 am »
Wow your project is NICE!
BTW which one do you think? 3D or 2D

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Moo!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 04:17:44 am »
Wow your project is NICE!
BTW which one do you think? 3D or 2D
2D for Klonoa, objects and monsters, 3D for the enviroment. I need people that can draw HD sprites that look like the original ones and people to help with ANYTHING in general (evem testing is helpful)

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 02:30:34 am »
I was thinking about something similiar, but never started it. Can't wait to play it when it's finished!

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 11:27:55 am »
Sadly, i have no idea how to draw good, but about 3D ones, i am only good with Hammer (comes with SDK, free) which means i am only great at source games mapping (not that great, actually)

Offline Bitterman

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 03:38:35 pm »
As I've said I'm very busy with my own project, but I'm always there for programming advice and help, even contributing if I have the time, but that is uncertain. I'm also in for testing, I've been testing my own stuff for quite a while, and I'm pretty critical.

Also with the character sprites, do you aim for the same visualization as in the original? Because there, they didn't draw the characters from hand, they modeled and pre-rendered them into several bits and pieces, otherwise you're stuck with a motherlode of textures to manage. This is done for each animation and their frames, from each possible angle.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 06:58:11 am »
Sadly, i have no idea how to draw good, but about 3D ones, i am only good with Hammer (comes with SDK, free) which means i am only great at source games mapping (not that great, actually)
Same for me.

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Moo!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 09:09:15 am »
As I've said I'm very busy with my own project, but I'm always there for programming advice and help, even contributing if I have the time, but that is uncertain. I'm also in for testing, I've been testing my own stuff for quite a while, and I'm pretty critical.

Also with the character sprites, do you aim for the same visualization as in the original? Because there, they didn't draw the characters from hand, they modeled and pre-rendered them into several bits and pieces, otherwise you're stuck with a motherlode of textures to manage. This is done for each animation and their frames, from each possible angle.

If you can help, at ANY time it will be accepted, as I said the more the merrier. About the character sprites, you make a point there and you made me remember that. I still want to do sprites but with 3D models. Artists will still have a possibility to help with textures etc.