Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Vision 1-1 Unity remake project (need people!)  (Read 7829 times)

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
Re: Klonoa Vision 1-1 Unity remake project (need people!)
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 01:20:40 am »
Any progress?

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 05:44:41 am »
Any progress?

nope, I yet have to start and I think I will in this school year since it's the year where we actually learn programming (my skills aren't enough yet)

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 09:58:35 am »
If this project is still being considered, then I have experience with Blender and Unity, so I could help with the project anyway I can.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 12:15:32 am »
I would more than happily be willing to work on something like this. I have some basic knowledge of Unity and I took game making classes. I have a fair amount of experience in Maya, too, so I began creating a mesh for Klonoa's house.

It says so in the video but please keep in mind these textures are not final. They were only made to better show off the mesh and give at least a vague idea of what it will look like. And again, the mesh is nearly complete aside from some details on the roof.

As far as sprites go, I'm not exactly sure what was being asked? I began some sketches of the basic game animations to later turn into pixel art (not overwhelmingly detailed, but enough to be esthetically pleasing)

But if pixel art was not wanted, please alert me before I put my time into it, as I only have one week of vacation left.

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 12:05:23 pm »
I was actually thinking about high quality sprites for the characters OR 3d models with 100% fidelty to the original ps1 models, but thinking about doing all that alone would take me too much time (it took me 3 days to do that unfinished Ronald Mc Donald model for Ronald: The game), but the real problem here is that I think I'll abandon unity for Godot because it has too many things I have to mess with just to make things work (like for example I couldn't add a pivot point cause you must add it in 3d modeling programs). I may return to unity if we can figure out how to make Klonoa follow a "track" where he rotates depending on the road's rotation and then the project will continue. Else we have to wait 1-2 years because I'm studying a lot of programming at school too.