The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What is this feeling...?  (Read 1422 times)

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
What is this feeling...?
« on: July 18, 2023, 09:30:06 pm »
Klonoa - Lunatea's Veil, unlike popular belief and like many people still lead people to believe, is not the best game in the series, i know what personal taste means, and we don't have to only like the best things in the world, and that's totally fine, besides, the best game on earth, does not exist, and we're always playing something new, but, i have a strange thing about this game, that i believe more people might feel it, and not just me...

What is this feeling?

It's strange...

There are plenty of Klonoa games, 7 of them, but, there is one of them that, feels, the most special, despite being, not the best, and it's Lunatea's Veil! But, what is it about this game...?

I'll say this, i never grew up with this game, when i was 5 years old, i just used to play a random game with a funny "sheep" boy that turns his enemies into balloons, and with a song that would get stuck in my head that, used flutes... I never knew the name of this game, but, i found out about it again around late 2020 or so, 8 years after i played it, and i found out that, this game was actually originally a Playstation game! I loved the Playstation version of the game and i never played it before, then i went back into the Wii-remake, and, i just, hated it...? So, to put it simply, i have no strong nostalgic feelings towards Klonoa games from when i was even younger than now (as is the time of writing this at least), nowadays, i think it's a decent remake, not as good as Playstation's Door to Phantomile, so, yeah...

Door to Phantomile, the Playstation version that is, is the best Klonoa game, objectively speaking, it nails the most, is the most fun to play with the most action and best pacing, has the best music that allows me to sing by heart from its entirety, has least issues, and a lovely world that feels alive, with many characters, but...?

Lunatea's Veil is a great game, but, i always thought it, simply never held up as being better than Door to Phantomile, but, for some reason, the games i played the most in the series, aren't even Door to Phantomile PS1, in-fact, i played Lunatea's Veil far more it feels already, and i also played Wiimake more, and also Moonlight Museum...  :unsure:
And, it's a strange feeling, it's like, unique to Moonlight Museum and Lunatea's Veil, it keeps me wanting to go back to this game, even tho i don't have as much fun with it, and, isn't as strong... What is this feeling?  :confused: Why do i feel it? Am i already nostalgic towards this game? I only played it so recently...!  :O

It, can't be nostalgia right...?

What is it that makes me want to go back to this game more than Door to Phantomile...?
What is it about Moonlight Museum that is far worse than both games, but, makes me want to keep playing it again and again...?

This game, it's so weird, this feeling is what makes me love this game, and, it's undescribable as to why, Phantasy Reverie Series does not make me feel it, and just, angers me, it just, doesn't feel like a special game... (same goes to PRS DTP, just doesn't feel special anymore.)

Why do i love this game? Because of this feeling? But what makes this feeling make me love this game? What makes this game give me this feeling to make me love it?  :unsure:

Have you felt it? It can't be just nostalgia, because, i have never played this one before, and it has only been until recently, and i feel this from, basicly just this game, and probably Moonlight Museum, and this feeling just, comes so soon! This game's world is simply not as fleshed out as Phantomile, and it doesn't feel as alive, it's, questionable in many ways as to what even happens in the game, but, it's, it's making me sympathize with it through this feeling, what is it?! It's a feel that carries this game for me to love it, even tho, when i think about it without this feeling, i just can't like it as much...  :confused: This game even feels like a slap in the face when i beat it, it just felt so "out of nowhere" and like, it was a build up for nothing, it just felt like, an outro to a level, it doesn't make me feel accomplished, and, as if this game was for nothing really, and yet, even after that, it makes me want to go back to it, do it all over again...  :embarassed:

But... What is this feeling, it's so strange... It carries this game for me for some reason... Do you feel it? Can you explain it? What could it possibly be? The Lunatean Veil, that puts on my head, as if i was in love with this game... (wouldn't it have been better a tuxedo for me tho since i'm a boy?  :embarassed:)
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
Re: What is this feeling...?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 07:55:12 am »
….I get it. I’ve felt that feeling every time I played Klonoa 2. It leaves something to be desired, and yet, I can’t help but love it all the same. Obviously when I first played it and didn’t judge the story too much I loved it with no strings attached for the most part but I still wished we just got more time with the gang and got to see more of their personalities shine though. Nowadays that desire is even stronger now and I feel sad I find the plot a little boring. Except for key scenes.

But I think the sheer rarity and obscurity of the game, along with the fact it took place in a magical world of fluffy friendly fantasy creatures made it a comfort game for me. I could look past all the flaws because it just felt so, special. Even just being in the menus, even when I feel sad and disappointed there isn’t more story to be told after the game ends; kind of like how the game teaches in its ending, the sadness of saying farewell to the game somehow makes me love it even more.

It’s a small, precious treasure not to be taken for granted.

I guess I will admit, as much as I hyped myself to death over the rumors of a remake for the following years after the movie got canceled, the moment PRS got announced it somehow killed a bit of mystery for me. The anxious anticipation, the painful hope and eager awaiting for something, anything new.

Now that there have been talks about remaking the GBA games (whatever that entails), I once again am waiting in eager anticipation. But it’s mixed with a bit of genuine impatience and worry, and not as much excitement. I hope I’m proven wrong, and I am PRAYING TO GODDESS CLAIRE AND HUEPOW’S MOTHER that whatever happens next, they’ll be at least one, just one, final conclusion to the story of Klonoa, after all these years of waiting.

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 06:15:19 am »
Now that there have been talks about remaking the GBA games (whatever that entails), I once again am waiting in eager anticipation.
Do you remember where you learned that from ? It's my first time hearing this

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2023, 10:55:14 am »
He learned that from this post i think, but, it's just a hoax, i don't think they are re-making the GBA games.

https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=2675.msg32285#new

Still, you could wait for his answer, but i never saw him talk about that before this post any ways, i don't think they'd remake the GBA games, i don't think it'd even fit, since they re-released Klonoa 1 and 2 in, well, not health conditions, it's clear that they'll do a game called "Klonoa 3" because the excuse is there, it has "2" in the title, and it was released recently, it's like how Crash Bandicoot did things, they didn't re-make their GBA games, and ALL of their racing games, and Crash of the Titans.
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2023, 08:13:31 pm »
No, it was actually mentioned by the producer of PRS! I thought I shared this article before...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/06/klonoa-producer-says-remasters-might-lead-to-more-rereleases-and-expansion-of-ip

It's not a direct confirmation of GBA remasters, unless PRS did well enough (which, I have a strong feeling it did.)

EDIT: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/klonoa-1-2-remasters-may-lead-to-more-remasters-and-expanding-the-ip-its-producer-says/

Okay, I may have unintentionally paraphrased the article. It did however confirm they are considering remastering more games in the series, but I guess I misread it and thought it said specifically GBA games, but it could also include them. I guess we'll wait and see.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 08:20:01 pm by ThatGuy70 (Mikey) »

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2023, 07:58:29 am »
Ah yea, I forgot about this statement and article.

I guess it's cool they propose that, though I wouldn't get my hopes up about it happening anytime soon. We will ultimately have to wait for Bamco's next move. With Klonoa especially, it's better to be on an habit of not expecting things.

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2024, 11:57:03 am »
It's called Anemoia.

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2024, 01:33:03 pm »
I don't know what is going on in your head.

When I played L'sV I felt a lot of fun (for the most part).

I didn't had any strong feelings about it, except for addaciton.