Browsing this site on a smartphone? Be sure to browse it in landscape for the best experience!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: In-Depth: Sonic in the Mainstream Media  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
In-Depth: Sonic in the Mainstream Media
« on: August 01, 2016, 07:17:28 pm »
This article has been really doing the rounds today. It was written in response to a Game Scoop video about Sonic that caused quite a bit of backlash (it's described in the article). The article is about Sonic and the bias in Mainstream media. Spread this around to anyone you can and help get the word of this out. Because, as a Sonic fan, I'm sick of this kind of stuff.
http://www.tssznews.com/2016/08/01/in-depth-sonic-in-the-mainstream-gaming-media/
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline SonicBreak712

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: -1
Re: In-Depth: Sonic in the Mainstream Media
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 09:38:25 pm »
:angry::tired:

I am proudly both a Sonic fan and a Klonoa fan.

I dissent.

I'm just as ill as you are, Graystripe.

I've already told my story of being viciously targeted by the gaming community for being mainly an ardent supporter of Sonic and Sega to this very day. I'm sick of what I unabashedly find to be a defamation campaign. I've heard people tell me that my special interest in Sonic deserves to be taken away from me, that deserve to be bullied until I'm on suicide watch, and even that Sonic infantilizes people in general.

Every single little thing that Sonic does, has done, and apparently ever will do is so profoundly incorrect that it's cursed as far as the gaming community is concerned. If that's how it is, I want no part of it.

I've learned to let go and appreciate Sonic 06, and I longer care to hear of anyone else's opinion on that game. Shadow is without a doubt both my favorite game in the series so far. The main protagonists of "Postal" and "Hatred" are a bajillion times "edgelordier" and Shadow will ever be. Heck, characters like Shadow, Raiden, and Reboot Dante have the right to proudly exist with that edgy aesthetic just as much as Sonic in general does. What's it harming?

(If you ask me, these characters present the moral dilemma of what is the best way to dispatch an enemy. The power of friendship and forgiveness, or a hot piece of lead between the eyes?)

Gamers have been demanding for the most permanent solutions to problems that are so temporary.

I think what I despise the most is how gamers treat the entire fandom of this franchises. They demonize every single human being who is, was, or is about to be part of this fandom. Are you seriously concerned about the behavior of someone or some group that you most likely have never heard of or never interacted with or probably never plan to interact with in your life I don't care anymore about the anti-fandom crusades. I'm not going to allow someone to brand a group that is made of hundreds of millions of people.

I'd like to say more, but I don't think I currently have the time or words.

Offline SonicBreak712

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: -1
Re: In-Depth: Sonic in the Mainstream Media
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 01:02:04 pm »
Yuji Naka gets it worse than George Lucas.

A story is popping up about Balan Wonderworld, a game I enjoyed, and everyone is saying good riddance to him.

I hate the gaming community so much.

:angry: