There is a new Klonoa Fan Magazine out. Come see here. https://forums.untamedheart.us/?page=zine

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: If this game came to Virtual Console, would you consider buyng it?  (Read 9033 times)

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
If this game came to Virtual Console, would you consider buyng it?
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 07:12:02 pm »
*mourns lack of 3DS and Wii U* -_-
It a me

Offline Mike

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 08:42:13 pm »
I would not purchase a Wii U for a rerelease of the same Klonoa game. Maybe I would buy a Wii U for a new Klonoa game. I bought the Wii Klonoa game without a Wii and played it on the Dolphin emulator.

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 07:54:22 am »
I know I would if it happened. There's still time for it to happen as well, so I'll be looking out for any news on the subject.

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 02:36:02 am »
I wouldn't buy Wii U for a "republished" game, and I don't think Bandai Namco would put much effort into Wii U, either.
Remember the poor sales? Would a company which seeks profit making games on a console sells poorly? Even if a game got popular, it could probably got ported - which had been done by Bandai Namco before.

But, If Klonoa's old games were also available on 2/3DS, I might consider buying it along with the handheld console. The extra visions in those games are really challenging and fun to me.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:44:06 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 03:16:32 am »
Quote from: "RollingMeowcat"
I wouldn't buy Wii U for a "republished" game, and I don't think Bandai Namco would put much effort into Wii U, either.
Remember the poor sales? Would a company which seeks profit making games on a console sells poorly? Even if a game got popular, it could probably got ported - which had been done by Bandai Namco before.

But, If Klonoa's old games were also available on 2/3DS, I might consider buying it along with the handheld console. The extra visions in those games are really challenging and fun to me.
Hard telling, but as far as we know, only DS games are on Virtual Console for the U, and GBA games are coming to 3DS.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 10:16:26 am »
Quote from: "the_darai"

Hard telling, but as far as we know, only DS games are on Virtual Console for the U, and GBA games are coming to 3DS.
Actually, they confirmed that GBA games are coming to the Wii U's virtual console starting April.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 11:51:01 am »
Quote from: "Windbullet"
Actually, they confirmed that GBA games are coming to the Wii U's virtual console starting April.
I suddenly reminded that Klonoa's GBA games are already playable on Wii's virtual console in Japan.
Why it takes so long for him in western world?

And the games come right after the shutdown of SL... I am suspicious now.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 12:03:54 pm by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 04:34:40 pm »
Quote from: "Windbullet"
I suddenly reminded that Klonoa's GBA games are already playable on Wii's virtual console in Japan.
Why it takes so long for him in western world?

And the games come right after the shutdown of SL... I am suspicious now.

I don't recall ANY GBA games bieng of the Wii's virtual console anywhere. But, now I'M suspicious.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
Re: If this game came to Virtual Console, would you consider buyng it?
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 12:05:35 am »
I know this topic hasn't been touched in a while, but now that the game is actually available on the Wii U, how many people have actually purchased it...? I don't have a Wii U, I'm not allowed to have consoles outside of handhelds and a PC (I've stuck with emulators) but my girlfriend has a Wii U so I've managed to get her obsessed with the series so she'd be willing to buy it  :embarassed:

If it came out on the 3ds I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I check the e-shop every single day for a Klonoa release. Empire of Dreams was the very first Klonoa game I ever played. I have it on my gba4ios and an actual copy for my ds lite, and it holds a special place in my heart for introducing me to the series. It makes me so sad that so many Klonoa fans consider the GBA games un-canon or spin-offs. Beach Volley is a spin-off, the GBA games still have great story lines and characters, and hell, still have great graphics, music, and gameplay. Just because it's 16-bit 2D rather than 3D (or rather 2.5D) doesn't make it a game worth shunning? I never understood... perhaps it's just that the GBA games weren't really as hyped about in America as the Playstation games were...

And even so, buying EoD on the e-shop would only show Namco that people still care about Klonoa  ;D

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: If this game came to Virtual Console, would you consider buyng it?
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 12:57:59 am »
I bought it just a few days after it came out on the E-shop...on my birthday, May 31st. Heck, I didn't ven know it was even on there- so yeah, best birthday ever.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).