Untamed Heart: Wahoo is more popular than Yahoo!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Balue's Tower Run's  (Read 5295 times)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Balue's Tower Run's
« on: March 09, 2017, 03:00:00 am »
Anyone else here like to run Balue's Tower?. @Harutomo Inspired me to run it despite me not normally doing that sort of thing xD. Now it's a bit addicting :embarassed:

If anyone else here run's Balue's tower could you post video's and times here?
Preferably legit unless you want to specify your video and time as not legit because I do wanna try to cheat my way through Balue's tower sometime as well eheheh. Emulator is fine so long as your game keeps at ntsc 60fps unless you like to suffer at pal 50fps  :sick:

I want to Include Klonoa Wii runs in this thread as well because I plan to try to do them some time. Also maybe a list if enough people run Balue's tower. I'd say try it. It's really fun.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:43:08 am by Vokadae »

Offline NaughtyRoach

• Windy Boi
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Just chilling.
Re: Balue's Tower Run's
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:20:03 am »
RIP my hands... :sad_face:

My current best time is 2"42"21

Video:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:06:30 am by Roach, Reason: Video was added »

Offline Fennekin

• Fennekin Lover
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Please sit, and let's talk for a while.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 11:18:07 am »
I can't even beat the tower the first time...  x_x

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 04:36:39 pm »
It mostly just takes a lot of practice. I started off really bad initially.

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 12:30:11 pm »
Hi, a few days-ago I wouldn't actually comment on this topic. But since I gave to myself the goal of a sub-2 min run, it all changed. For the better.

Bit of backstory first : When I was going for my first 100% of the game, after the extra was done I've told to myself to get a sub-3 min run, which I got easily. However, my run was not perfect at all.

Some time after, I decided to aim for a sub-2'30. This one was much harder to obtain, but I surprisingly managed to bring a much shorter time, than expected:
http://imgur.com/CIqIEU7
(If you cannot reat it well, it displays a 2'18'66.   Sorry, I don't really know how posting an image works here. Tried with imgur but shows a missing picture when previewing.)

So yea, that was pretty cool. For a moment. Until I saw runs such as Harutomo or others (I felt pretty powerless :( ) Okay, so it doesn't exactly means I played bad, just that I wasn't aware of those times-saves. He recently got a 1'51'13, and so it seems that with a lot of practice, you could be able to acquire a sub-2 min. And that's what I was going after...

Yesterday, I spent overall around 3 hours of training, run-comparisons over him (Let it be said I play on an Emulator, and I have a lot of free time), tricks and stuff. And oh boy I wasn't expecting to say what I will now...

But I'm definitely competing for the world record (I consider being Harutomo's, since there doesn't seem to be any others). I've done the math, and if I play right, it could even bring me to the godly sub-1'50. After play, Harutomo did a few mistakes which costed quite a bit of time (At least one second), which could be avoided. On top of that, some of his strats weren't executed the best. Finally, it happened that most of the time, I generally was faster than him.

So basically, this reply is just to preview my new record, eventual big one? At average I will just jump from a 2'18 to a 1'5X, which still is great. At worst I won't do anything  :sad_face:  Recording works, but oh god it won't be pretty, so it could be fixed by adding images, or maybe other videos explaining my time in details.

I think my skill-level can allow me to make it. After all Harutomo may have put dozens and dozens of hours, so i'ts  normal I do the same.
And final point :  If I don't respond in over a week ago, you can consider me and this objective x_x
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:16:31 pm by Balneor »

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 05:13:22 pm »
Well, it came out pretty fast :big_smile: What I mean by that, is around 3 hours of practice, and 3 hours of actual tries. Not mentionning I had 5 PB-paces before this.

But anyways, here's the image : http://imgur.com/a/nykfs

A video is better, so without further addue :

This is improvable. At the very end I lost quite time just before the second clock-trick, gaining 0'50 more sec.
Maybe I'll give it another try, but as of right now, I need a break :tired:
Still, I'm happy that my goal was more than fulfilled.

Offline Fennekin

• Fennekin Lover
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Please sit, and let's talk for a while.
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 05:59:19 pm »
Nice work  :big_smile:

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 05:53:22 am »
gaaah.   I can't even get 2 mins. Congrats on the time :D

i'mma need a ton of coffee or tea or something and mental silence before I can try that madness again.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:59:46 am by Vokadae »

Offline NaughtyRoach

• Windy Boi
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Just chilling.
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 04:17:47 pm »
Congrats on getting that time! Looks like I might gonna need derust it and try to get better in some other time!

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 04:15:35 pm »
This is my new record ;D : http://imgur.com/a/zRhrn

And the video-proof :

With this, I was able to beat the second best time ever on youtube, of 1'45"XX :D.

The last one, which is probably the true WR, is a time of 1'42"03 :sad_face:
I won't go immediately for it, letting time for me to improve.
At some point I was faster than him, and some quicker strategies weren't used to his side, however he optimised almost everything, and that's why this will be the hardest thing ever.
However, if I end up beating this score, it will be a 1'41"XX for sure.

Oh, and don't think I spend all my time doing this. While i'ts true I'm on holidays for 2 months, there are times where I play much better than usual (Namely the morning). In general I do less than 2 hours of attempts per days, but I recently start to shift around 1 hour.

So anyways, this is my new PB, and I will not stop there.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 04:08:12 am by Balneor »