Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Gear Up  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
Gear Up
« on: February 25, 2015, 01:34:33 am »
Gear Up is a totally f2p tank fighting game. Players are able to customize their tank to fit a play style or to just be different. I've played roughly 6hours already and it remains to be engaging. Furthermore unlike most multiplayer games the community is really chill; rarely see any choice words in chat.

I'm currently thinking of changing my build because a glass cannon build seems to dominate more than some players can stand...and 5 hours of playing the same build while laughing at my shenanigans is getting a tad stale. I'm most likely going to miss its speed compared to other tanks but maybe I'll like the build I'm thinking of more.

Anyway I suggest checking it out. There's a small learning curve as steering a tank is a tad mind bending at first. Additionally the starting gear is okay but you need to pick battles wisely or don't miss. Gearing up is fast as a few games can afford all the parts you need to build your preferred tank.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Gear Up
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 10:17:43 pm »
I would share a link to a screenshot but steam broke on that somehow. so I'll just say I really like spider tanks

Edit: oh hey it finally loaded

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:04:05 pm by Vokadae »

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 11:23:21 am »
I lmao when I see flea tanks; shenanigans all around. I actually have yet to see a good flea tank driver as they generally tip over on a regular basis or bite off more than they can chew.

I would probably be driving with a spider propulsion if they actually worked properly. Being unable to traverse 90 degree angles without falling down just makes them pointless (*hey let me show you my broadside by walking up this wall*). I've tried various builds with spider legs and even the hover propulsion and I either couldn't control the drifting or traversing terrain was just a pain (usually too slow).

Ultimately in the current metagame I believe the flea is the only feasible system for spider legs. The other legs are too slow and have a much larger hitbox. I tried maxing hp with 320 and spider legs but my dps was atrocious compared to the medium weight high dps builds. A few fights made me laugh as low dps tanks just caused scratches but...it just doesn't work without a medic or some sort of support boost (I haven't yet tried a support boost).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:24:58 am by confuted »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 11:34:03 am »
If I play this more my plan for spider legs would be to find some fun places to hide xD.
Though the next thing I want to get if  weapon. I'm quite happy with flea legs though I want to test some others so testing may happen instead of a weapon.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 11:34:14 am »
Hmm I just might try it. @BinaryPulsar got me hooked on tank games now. :)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 01:28:47 pm »
Hmm I just might try it. @BinaryPulsar got me hooked on tank games now. :)

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=WQgJxfKuK6E

Me when it comes to tank games XD

I've heard of Gear Up, never played it. I should look into it

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 02:00:14 pm »
After seeing the video for it...some of those tanks look like tachikomas.

DO WANT