Klonoa Collective: Where our official ship is Joka x Janga.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Things You're Thinking about Getting  (Read 4217 times)

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
Things You're Thinking about Getting
« on: March 11, 2015, 12:38:19 am »
Sable-Xeno had suggested something like this, though I decided to expand it to just stuff in general.

The title says it all.

As for me, I'm thinking I'll have to get a Retro Trio console, which is an NES, SNES and Sega Genesis rolled into one. I like old video games, especially the SNES (which was my first video game console ever), and I hear this is one of the better clone consoles out there. You still have to own the cartridges, though.

I'm also thinking of getting a Madou Monogatari game (with the original cast). The Retro Trio above isn't region locked, so I have no excuse not to try out an installment once I get a Retro Trio.

I also want Lord Harry: Season 1. The DVD came out. What is this, you ask? Here's a hint, Lord Harry is just a nickname. It's based on a video game, and it has bad CGI, corny jokes and over-the-top voice acting. It's glorious.

And more amiibos, of course.

Any you'd like to share?

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: Things You're Thinking about Getting
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 12:57:01 am »
Oh, good to see someone started a topic like this. Now! Let's count off the things...(this is less what I plan on getting, and more just what I want to get...)

Starfox Wii U, Klonoa DtP, Dragon Quest II-VII (and IX), F-Zero X, Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs, Digimon Frontier 4 (or maybe the DS one), Theatrhythm Dragon Quest, Fantasy Life, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Legend of Mana, Little Tail Concerto, Xenogears, Live-A-Live, Ori and the Blind Forest (Yeah, I don't have access to games on steam. So? I STILL WANT THIS GAME SO BADLY NOW), Kingdom Hearts 3, Sonic Generations, Katamari Tribute, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Mario Maker, Star Tropics, Sin and Punishment, Pulseman, Megaman 9 (and 10), Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Magic Pengel, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Sonic 06 (for more..."ironic" reasons) and TONS of other games I'm probably forgetting about...

I think it's fair to say that, out of this massive lot, the only ones I'm still ACTIVELY pursuing are Dragon Quest IX...and StarFox Wii U. Yeah...It's not exactly fun to want games that go for hundreds of bucks on EBay...or...go for any price above $10 -, no, make that $5  on EBay. It can't be helped if my family is incredibly penny-pinching...

Aside from games, I've been mulling over getting a PS3...or...a PS4? Gee, it sure wouldn't be such a hard decision if SOME company made their latest console BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE!...with actually RECENT games! Oh, that and a few movies that I can't for god-knows-why watch on Youtube- Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, and...I'm not even gonna mention the second one, I've harped on about it a bit TOO much anyways.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:59:22 am by Sable-Xeno »

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 01:29:19 am »
New screen at least something better than a 23 inch 1366x768 LCD and a 19inch CRT monitor.
New cpu idc so long as it is better than my current
New videocard also don't care so long as it is better than my current
New motherboard
Mooar hardrives to raid together and record with dxtory on.
A capture card a really good one.
A PS2 yes I am serious I have a good reason for this "Klonoa 2"
A car ... yeah I think my current one is doomed after this winter
Klonoa hat with ears  :big_smile:
Dark Souls Scholar of the First Sin
A life! "I will never have this as it is a false concept"

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 04:20:48 am »
Um, hm... *opens folder in brain labeled "things i wanna get but probably never will"*

PS2, basically just for a few games i played in my childhood.
WiiU, like seriously i only want it for Bayonetta 2 XD and probably Hyrule Warriors and Wind Waker HD, oh and of course SSB4.
NES, for the original Zelda mainly.
PS3 for The Last of Us
PS4 just in case we get a new Klonoa game
PS1 cause why not
Sega Genisis for Earthworm Jim

That's it for consoles, now for games

Shantae: The Pirates' Curse
Klonoa Lunatea's Veil
Klonoa DtP
Klonoa DCT
Klonoa Heroes
Klonoa BV
Wind Waker (hd or not doesn't matter)
Zelda Link to the Past
Zelda Links Awakening
Zelda Oracle of Ages and Seasons
Zelda Adventures of Link
Zelda Spirit Tracks
Zelda Skyword Sword (groans i dun really want this one but i must make my Zelda collection complete)
Zelda Link Between Worlds
Zelda Hyrule Warriors
Metroid Prime 1, 2 and 3
Metroid 2
Bayonetta 1 and 2
Grandia III (i don't know much about the other games in the series but the third one is a big part of my childhood soooooooo)
Harvest Moon for ps2 cause i forgot the name
Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns (might already have this one, have to check)
Okamiden
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
SSB4 (probably 3ds version unless i get a wiiU)
Pokèmon Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire
Pokemon X and Y
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Red
Shovel Knight
Majora's Mask 3D (already have the original but come on we've all been waiting for a remake XP)
Cave Story 3D (only for the new environments, i still prefer the Wiiware version over any)
The new Freedom Planet if it ever comes out
All the Professor Layton games except for Curious Village, already got dat one
Sonic Generations 2
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising
Darkside
All the Dragon Quest games except for DQMJ2, got dat one
Megaman X7 (i know hate me for this but it's the only game left before my Megaman collection is complete)
The second Killer Instict game, forgot what it's called
Some Digimon games, i kinda for which ones
Paper Mario
Mario Sunshine
Silent Hill
Croc
Rascal Racers (just so i can laugh at how bad it is)
Some Crash Bandicoot games, again forgot which ones. Oh but deffinetely CTR
The Last of Us
Genji
Vid Ribbon
Rhythm Heaven
Metal Gear Solid
Patapon
Taiko Drum Master
Shadow of the Colossus
Ico
Dark Cloud 2
The Attack on Titan game for 3ds, if it gets released in English
Solar Striker (used to play this game all the time as a kid)

Uh, i can't reall y think of any more now, but i know there's still a bunch. One is on the tip of my brain, i've been trying to remember the name for hours. I think it starts with a P, all i remember is like, there's 3 people, they're playing intruments, um, one guy has a guitar? There's a girl, im not sure if it's a rhythm game or an rpg.

Oh i also need a new PC, old one blew up XP

Anyway woah this is a long message. I might edit it when i remember more. Also is this too long? Cause i can edit it and make it shorter

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 05:37:29 am »
Sonic Generations 2

...You might be waiting a while on that one.

Good, solid list, though. Hell, I own a LOT of games you mentioned, and I can personally recommend a few. Bayonetta, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Klonoa: Lunatea's Veil (though I doubt you'd need my opinion to convince you of this one), Metroid Prime (SPECIFICALLY the Trilogy collector's thing. I'd highly suggest downloading that on the Wii U E-shop when it comes out, might be cheaper overall), most of those Zelda games, Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Kid Icarus: Uprising (play this before Smash, if possible. You might get sick of it otherwise...trust me on this), Smash Bros. For Wii U (3DS version is...good, though it's kinda watered down), Paper Mario, Shadow of the Colossus, and Dark Cloud 2 are all great games that you should in all likelyhood try down the road...no rush, though. And those other games are just as great, if not moreso...I'm just listing a few off. Or haven't played myself. Like Hyrule Warriors.

...Why haven't I gotten Hyrule Warriors?...I honestly have no clue.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:51:08 pm by Sable-Xeno »

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 01:49:11 pm »
...You might be waiting a while on that one.

Good, solid list, though. Hell, I own a LOT of games you mentioned, and I can personally recommend a few. Bayonetta, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Klonoa: Lunatea's Veil (though I doubt you'd need my opinion to convince you of this one), Metroid Prime (SPECIFICALLY the Trilogy collector's thing. I'd highly suggest downloading that on the Wii U E-shop when it comes out, might be cheaper overall), most of those Zelda games, Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Kid Icarus: Uprising (play this before Smash, if possible. You might get sick of it otherwise...trust me on this), Smash Bros. For Wii U (3DS version is...good, though it's kinda watered down), Paper Mario, Shadow of the Colossus, and Dark Cloud 2 are all great games that you should in all likelyhood try down the road...no rush, though. And those other games are just as great, if not moreso...I'm just listing a few off. Or haven't played myself. Like Hyrule Warriors.

...Why haven't I gotten Hyrule Warriors?...I honestly have no clue.

Hm, my friend told my one of the Sonic Generations was good, i can't remember if it was 2 or 3, so im not sure which one now.

I've played pretty much all those games except for the wiiU and ps3 games. Just don't own them. I used to, but then stuff happened and they disappeared T^T

Oh and i remembered a few more:

Luigi's Mansion for 3ds
SSB Melee
And that game i said at the end i couldn't remember? It's Scott Pilgram VS The World. I just needed to sleep and i remembered as soon as i woke up XD

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 03:53:06 pm »
Well, there's really only one "Sonic Generations", so either he was talking about the originals, or...I dunno, he was just talking about Sonic Generations, I guess.

Offline Rubin

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • (o’ε’o)
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 04:27:36 pm »
Hmmm ....  :unsure:

PS2
3DS
Wii/WiiU
Klonoa: Lunatea's Veil
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Wii)
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
Klonoa Heroes
Pkmn Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Pkmn X/Y
Pkmn BW
ACNL

tbh I've been spending all my money on Klonoa merch recently  :embarassed:

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 06:50:52 pm »
I'm thinking about getting a haircut. My hair is irking me to death. :[

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 08:14:19 am »
I'm thinking abou getting the Sly Collection on PS3. I have the PS2 versions, but it's becoming increasingly clear I ought to start saving shelf space, so I was thinking of selling the PS2 copies in favor of the PS3 collection, since those games are all in a single disc.

Thing is, though, I hear the PS3 ports are rough around the edges. Is it still worth it anyways?

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)