There are several cat-like creatures in series, but one is the best. (Tat, obviously.)

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: SurrealBrain's attempts at art.  (Read 2527 times)

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
SurrealBrain's attempts at art.
« on: January 13, 2015, 04:06:53 am »
What the name says. Do not ask for frequent updates for this thread, I just tend to draw when I feel like it.

First off, I drew this image. This is Princess Shokora (from Wario Land 4) in my attempt at mimicking the Rhythm Heaven/Game & Wario style.

I was down in the dumps when I drew this, realizing that I needed to get my life together, but I figured I have better things to do than mope about it, so I drew it as a way to cheer myself up a little. I've already taken steps to put it together, so I have some hope.

If you don't like this image, that's fine. It was more for myself than anything.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 04:09:33 am by SurrealBrain »

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: SurrealBrain's attempts at art.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 01:03:43 pm »
That's pretty cute. :3

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 11:56:59 pm »

I was stressed out. I got laid off for at least a couple of days, I felt like screaming at people on the SSMB for no apparent reason, and I was just all around upset.

I had already vowed that last time would be the last time, to boot. A good promise, but I found it difficult to keep it.

Then I remembered what I did when I got stressed over the lack of a job (when I didn't have a job to be laid off from, even temporarily), and I remembered Paul Agnew's words to Ken Penders about how he decided to let his anger fuel his creativity.

So I decided drawing something would be more productive than screaming at SSMB members for no good reason.

It's Amitie from the Puyo Puyo series. She's my favorite Puyo Puyo character by far, thanks in no small part to her designs and her personality.

Funny thing is, I had initially intended to make this a simple drawing of her, but then before long, I had decided to make this a combination of various designs she's had throughout the series. How well I did it is up to you, but I did.

It's something I wanted to do for some time, but couldn't find the motivation to do it. Until now!

I hope people like it.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 08:14:04 am »
Drawing while stressed is maybe something I ought to try. Nice you you found a creative way to vent.

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 11:37:54 am »
Alright boys, bring it in.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 12:33:18 am »
Thank you. :)