Untamed Heart: Wahoo is more popular than Yahoo!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Sign of Hero Transcription with English Lyrics  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Cello2WC

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • 4 'd NOpé'r'd 't n)
Sign of Hero Transcription with English Lyrics
« on: January 26, 2020, 01:06:34 pm »
I wasn't too happy with the English lyrics for Sign of Hero that I could find on the internet, so I tried my hand at writing my own. I will say that I am absolutely not qualified for something like this. I know very little Japanese (I relied pretty heavily on Jisho to work some of the weirder lines into something that make sense), I don't have a lot of experience with writing (I relied pretty heavily on my sister to work some of the weirder lines into something that sounds right), I don't have much experience with music transcription (I based the score off of a MIDI spat out by a program called 'gbamusriper' when I gave it the Heroes ROM)...

The lyrics were based on both the Japanese and English lyrics that I grabbed off of the Klonoa Wiki [https://klonoa.fandom.com/wiki/Sign_of_Hero]. If those lyrics are inaccurate, please let me know.

I'm not entirely sure what the convention is for distributing a score like this with a bunch of parts, so I'm just gonna give you the MuseScore project file and if you wanna export a .pdf for an individual part you can probably figure it out. I'll also give you a .pdf with all of the parts that's super long and unnecessarily hard to read. And a .wav file. Why not.

Oh also please let me know if there were already English lyrics that fit with the song's notes. I couldn't find anything before I started this but that doesn't mean it didn't exist.

[EDIT Jan 17 2020: Added harmonies to the vocal line. The files have been updated, but I don't wanna go through uploading a new video.]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 06:05:21 pm by Cello2WC »

Offline harkins2011

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
Re: Sign of Hero Transcription with English Lyrics
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 12:34:13 am »
Excellent translation and integration!

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 12:47:11 am »
Ah thank you for these. Nice work :o

Offline Painty

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 04:08:13 am »
I’ve been dying to hear someone make fitting English lyrics for this gem, and here it is~

Offline Hahasamian

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • What's a personal text?
    • My Scratch Projects!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 01:53:36 am »
Wow, this is cool! I think with a little more lyric editing (to take that last step towards sounding perfectly natural), it'd make for a really good cover. I had trouble making sense of the lyrics from the Wiki, I think this helps clear things up a lot more! 
;D

I've been working on figuring out GBAMusRipper's output myself, I think I'm able to piece the original song back together in a modern music editor with all the GBA instruments and vocal samples intact, allowing me to basically do whatever I want with the music once I've perfected everything! Maybe I could bitcrush some English vocals and slap 'em on top (I don't have a super high-quality mic, so I think that would be the best method).
I'll probably make a new thread if I start making more progress on that, but just wanted to comment that, even if I'm late, you did good with this!
I hope everyone's doing well!
If I'm away and ya need to reach me for any reason, I'm usually more active on Discord: Ysor#0162