We're partners with the Klonoa for Smash Bros. Facebook page! Be sure to give them a visit!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Poll

What are your favorite RTS game series of all times? (Pick 3)

Starcraft
Warcraft
Command and Conquer
Battle Realms
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth
Company of Heroes
Age of Empires
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
Warzone 2100
Myth
Homeworld
Praetorians

Author Topic: Real-time Strategy (RTS) Games  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
Real-time Strategy (RTS) Games
« on: September 21, 2015, 11:57:56 pm »
I know there are still a lot of RTS out there but these are the only ones that I've experienced playing. If there's a RTS game series out there that you know or might have played, feel free to post it here.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Real-time Strategy (RTS) Games
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 01:04:19 am »
I've played pretty much all but one or 2 C&C's I don't talk much of them because I'm rather eternally mad at EA for ending westwood. But I used to very much love the C&C series.

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 03:14:57 am »
I've played pretty much all but one or 2 C&C's I don't talk much of them because I'm rather eternally mad at EA for ending westwood. But I used to very much love the C&C series.

When Westwood was still around, I pretty much enjoy their C&C back those days. Then, EA removed them from existence and look what they did to Red Alert 3. It can't be helped then since it already happened so meh. x_x 

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 01:08:22 pm »
You forgot to add AoE? :(

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 01:49:29 pm »
You forgot to add AoE? :(

Alright, added to the poll even though I haven't actually tried this one yet. :)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 03:22:51 pm »
AoE is one of my fave games ever!  :O
I've been playing it ever since i got it in a cereal box when i was like, 3 XD
I wanna play it professionally, but it's such an old game no one plays it anymore T^T
It's really good though, and the music is so amazing my ears go to heaven. I reccomend it to anyone who likes rts. Just make sure to play the tutorials first, or else you'll be so lost you'll die in like, 5 mins XD
If anyone wants to play a round, i'll see if i can get the online stuff working. The original way to play online with people is gone, so now u gotta have a program for it
Games can last a long time though. One game can last anywhere from 10 mins to 5 hours. My average game is between 40 mins and 2 hours. Depending on your enemy, it can go on for a loooong time. I usually only play 1 or 2 games then i've had enough for the day XD
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 03:30:47 pm by BinaryPulsar »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 06:10:42 am »
So. remember when I talked about those rainbow death things I found in C&C red alert retaliation in shoutbox?
I went and emulated it and after some long long while of fooling around I got them to show up again. the dangerous one shows up at about 2 mins in the video.

Anyways I used to dread these lightning death rainbow black hole looking things  x_x

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 07:44:59 am »
So. remember when I talked about those rainbow death things I found in C&C red alert retaliation in shoutbox?
I went and emulated it and after some long long while of fooling around I got them to show up again. the dangerous one shows up at about 2 mins in the video.

Anyways I used to dread these lightning death rainbow black hole looking things  x_x

Yep, I remembered this and thanks for showing a video of it. I used to call it the "Rainbow Vortex of Death" back then. These things were always a mystery to me even up to now.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 08:10:59 am »
I also recorded an old fashioned skirmish for lols but things didn't go as planned. I also forgot how horrible bad the game lags on ps1 I knew it lagged but ahh geeze @_@. Anyways I got impatient and started cheating a little haha.