In some instances, all you can do is wahoo.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Wasn't there a taco coupon that came with this game, or something?  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Seems a little silly to bring this up here and now, but didn't this game (the Wiimake, that is) come pre-packaged with a coupon for "Wahoo Fish Tacos", or something? I only just now remembered because TV Tropes mentioned it, so I felt I should bring it up here. What I DON'T get, though...is WHY? It said on TV Tropes that it was a play on Klonoa's catchphrase, but the fact that they'd even package that with the game...it makes one think, doesn't it? :unsure:

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
Re: Wasn't there a taco coupon that came with this game, or something?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 05:15:21 pm »

That's all I really know about it.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 05:34:29 pm »
I just looked in my game. All that was in there aside from the disc is the instruction manuel and an add for We Ski and Snowboard. No coupon in there.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 09:13:09 pm »
Oh...hm...looking in my Game Case, the "free taco" ad is behind sais skiboarding ad. Y'know, when I think about it, that could've been an interesting ad campaign:"Buy Klonoa now, and get a free taco!" Would'vd flown off the shelves, guranteed.
 (I never even heard of the place, anyway. Doesn't even matter:it expired on September 30, 2009- 58 months ago. :big_smile: [hold on...the remake came out 5 years ago? WOW, I feel old.])

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 10:35:17 pm »
"Wahoo fish tacos".

So am I eating digon
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
in my free taco?
Are you sure that's safe?  :confused: