Admins here are usually hiding in the shadows. We hate bright light.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: How to own a Wind Ring and Klonoa apparel  (Read 7325 times)

Offline DreamTraveler

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • What you think you become
How to own a Wind Ring and Klonoa apparel
« on: August 24, 2015, 07:58:08 pm »

NOTE: If you find any repeats for some unkown reason it can happen please fill free to help me out and I'll go ahead and fix that.  :confused: Also I am not claiming to be an expert by all odds I am just a fan trying to help the Klonoa fan community with some inspiration.

So you want to look like your favorite video game character but you really don't know where to work well I'll be a guide into helping you improve that feel free to join along in this adventure. This requires some tricky and professional arts and crafts material and it can be too expensive unless you want to look around clothing vendors who sell familiar clothing which in fact I have found researching Klonoas apparel style. Again you're allowed to add on to this by posting in the comments bellow the thread and no credit is required most good clothes are online imo. So bellow are pictures with the apparel that literally almost match Klonoas appearance and some clothes can be modified with caution and proper safety.

There's one problem with the Wind Ring is that the price of it due to it containing gold and a chiseled emerald that has a hexagon shape on the top and a pyramid like bottom it will be expensive and require someone with experienced chiseling to craft it so ask a jeweler who will pay for crafting. You can also carve one of wood get into making it through plastic or do a papercraft display like a guy I talked to on deviantart did which can be done if you own paper and want to sacrifice some.

KLONOAS HAT

LINK TO BUY THIS: http://goo.gl/NyLbsP

This is a Curduroy Skipper Cap although it's not Klonoas cap it can be modified with caution you can carefully dye this in a white coded color and dye it a light blue color in reference to Klonoas hat and install a pac man insignia either a welded yellow dyed thin pac man or you can use plastic and super glue the pac man insignia on it. Advice for dying in stained paint I would use a cheap pair of tongs used in cooking to avoid being stained to dye clothing in paint.

HAT COLOR TEXTURE

KLONOAS SHIRT

If you get a plain white T Shirt or something and have paint you can dye the T Shirt in a stained paint again with a pair of tongs or you can dye it with a pair of working gloves to avoid skin stains. You can buy paint either online or at a hard ware store

KLONOAS SHORTS

There's no image for it but it might be possible to get a pair of plain baggy long shorts to look like Klonoas if anyone has any ideas fill free to post and I will credit who found it or just wear a pair of dark blue jean pants and imagine the feeling of Klonoa.

KLONOAS WIND RING

CREDIT FOR THEIR ARTWORK: http://thetrueblueblur.deviantart.com/art/Ring-of-the-Wind-God-293813679

It's actually made of 100 karat gold and making this life sized would probably be worth a couple grand due to how much is in 100 karat gold. Owning this would be EXPENSIVE on top of that with the emeralds probably glued in unless you ask for a professionals help you're getting no where on the price it's not about making it it's about having the money to make it. If anyone wants information for the ring and how much it would be feel free to ask. Making a paper craft template is a good way to get an idea on what you're making for the emerald chiselers chisel with caution and don't rush your replica.

What a 100k gold ring with an emerald looks like so you can just imagine the cost of the Wind Ring being made by a professional. If you want to make a paper craft Wind Ring for display prop an image has been provided and a link to the user and how to make it is also provided. Although the Wind Rings power is not yet possible a replica is good enough for fans to enjoy you can also imagine what Leorinas ring could look like in real life.

PAPERCRAFT LIFE SIZED WIND RING

Link to the PAPERCRAFT and how to make it from this guy:

http://orig06.deviantart.net/879b/f/2015/056/8/a/8a97278d3138b231e8367f46ff1800d7-d8jimkf.jpg

CRAFTING IN WOOD

Crafting a Wind Ring in wood can be sharp and dangerous so please do not try to cut your self doing this in the process I would seek help and guidance from a professional and use wood that will not contain splinters and is smooth working in a wood shop should also be recommended to avoid danger. What you want to do for a wooden Wind Ring carve the the ring its self with the jewel holder of the ring so you can put the ring jewel in the jewel holder for the ring to make it seem realistic. To give the ring some color first paint it white then give it a realistic goldish or a yellow color that is not too bright improving your optics to change the color of an object would help a ton. Once done with that carve the ring jewel give it an emerald green color oh a top make sure you make a pyramid styled latch instead of the video games to latch the fake wooden gem in place. After your finished with your master piece you should have a realistic wooden Klonoa Wind Ring depending on how much work you put into the detail of the object same goes with forging a 100 karat gold one.
I exist in your thoughts and dreams.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: How to own a Wind Ring and Klonoa apparel
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 08:45:57 pm »
Oh hey, you made a link to @Vincentmrl who is one of our mods! :P

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 09:55:37 pm »
Me and a good friend have actually worked together to make an old DtP Klonoa getup I've worn in a couple cons. Never made the ring but I should take pics if you're interested.

Offline DreamTraveler

• Heart Moo
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 12:17:21 am »
Me and a good friend have actually worked together to make an old DtP Klonoa getup I've worn in a couple cons. Never made the ring but I should take pics if you're interested.

Would love to see it  :big_smile: I forgot to bring up his shoes though I wanna say  :unsure: I'm gonna have to scroll through and put that in here. If you painted red Velcro sneaker shoes white on the velcro it would resemble klonoas shoes a little bit.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 02:36:58 am »
I got lazy and only got a few bits of the costume, but I'll explain the rest along with the pics.

Stuff's under the spoiler:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Will I ever wear this again? Ughhg probably no. It's hot, no matter how much I like it x_x Also being oogled at by convention furries is... creepy. But I'll keep all the parts together cuz of how much effort there was put into it. If I wanna make a Lunatea version I'm definitely making it very humanoid, and that's only if I ever attend another con.

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 10:48:14 am »
I cosplay clothing to showing shopping want.

Offline DreamTraveler

• Heart Moo
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 07:37:30 pm »
I got lazy and only got a few bits of the costume, but I'll explain the rest along with the pics.

Stuff's under the spoiler:

Will I ever wear this again? Ughhg probably no. It's hot, no matter how much I like it x_x Also being oogled at by convention furries is... creepy. But I'll keep all the parts together cuz of how much effort there was put into it. If I wanna make a Lunatea version I'm definitely making it very humanoid, and that's only if I ever attend another con.

I would wear it in public haha I'm not afraid what are they gonna do lock me up I wore a pikachu jacket I found at hot topic in public and a Naruto headband with an unknown symbol probably just chinese to make it realistic I can probably find a picture on my facebook page. I only use it for meeting real people then adding them better than going to some random page that could be fake or a bot. I really wanna know how did you find a plain blue cap though I might stick with my idea. That or you can find a pacman sticker and glue it on the cap to be cheap if I can find one online depending on if it isn't a scam. I am also wondering you could of had a collar neck sized styled like a necklace or just simply dye a belt his color and wear it as a collar I've done this before for style and nobody gave a damn.

Also if you want to improve looking more furry I would look into Hollywood make up and costumes it's worth the education and looks cool afterwards. I know Planet of the Apes made realistic apes with costumes that are close to their skin making it appear like real fur. Maybe it can be done making a Klonoa costume Hollywood style minus the eyes unless you make it to where it can be transparent enough to see through them. On top of it oxygen is also a problem when making realistic costumes and a LOT of effort.

I found a pair of boots at good will that were in good condition like literally looked new and I swear to GOD they looked like Klonoas boots. I my self should get a picture of it and I might modify it with his darker boot collor or just go with the sneakers idea. If people give you weird looks at furry conventions isn't their a way to report that kind of issue to have security patrol the area no offense conventions should have security. Also I looked at what a black turtle neck looks like very well detailed since Klonoa is basically black you could of modified a jacket and put artificial fur on it to make it look like chest hair puff from a furry.

When I look into making stuff haven't done anything yet but I know how to I try to be realistically detailed as possible.

Klonoa's shirt appears to be a bit of a crop top. When I made a cosplay for him I bought a plain blue t shirt from Michael's, but I cut the bottom of the shirt off, hemmed it, and then sewed the remaining scrap that I had cut off to the collar (or rather, had my sister do the sewing because she won't let me near the sewing machine) to make his shirt with an accurate collar, then I cut two small holes, one in the new collar and one in the original, sealed the holes with nail polish sealer to keep it from becoming a bigger hole, and looped a piece of foam I had painted with metallic paint, along with a foam "zipper", also coated in metallic paint and textured with hot glue. Because I was in a rush (this was for fanimecon, which happens to also be during finals week) it isn't the cleanest job I could have done, and there's a lot I would spend much more time on (specifically the hot glue, it was atrociously applied) but I found my method to be rather effective... Since the person I was making the cosplay for was already rather short, the cropped t shirt didn't show any stomach, but I'd suggest buying a dark blue undershirt (or binder, for girls) that's a color close enough to the jeans your bought.

EDIT: this is the best photo of it that I have right now, since most of the pictures from fanimecon are on my mom's phone (yes that's a star medal in the corner)

(Image removed from quote.)

Again sorry for the sloppy work

Also, his gloves are literal work gloves, I found a near replica in the garden section of Orchard Suply and Hardware.

EDIT 2: Also!!! If you're buying one of those glass jewels that they sell at craft stores (and also the academy of science) keep them away from a window!!! The color fades when exposed to sunlight for an extended amount of time! Like taking it outside isn't going to kill it or anything but your storing space for your wind ring replica should NOT be near a window!! Keep it in the closet or a drawer or something...!

This is why I like papercraft or getting expensive and flashy as mentioned if I got a ringer to help make a REAL replica and gave him a proper template to make it that would be as close you can get to a REAL Wind Ring. Though yeah the glass jewels colors fading can be a problem and this is gonna be my first time tampering with one. I don't know how good my chiseling skills are so I might give it to a friend who can chisel. Also thanks for a heads up about this I never knew glass jewels can fade in color.

Kinda funny how your sister wouldn't let you near the sewing machine did she thought you would wreck it or something? Any way, I might save up one time and just have someone smith one for me in gold depending on how much style I want to put into the ring though. For Klonoas pants in the Wii version I will dye blue jeans in white paint with a dark red like color they got kits at the store for me to do this. Regarding getting people to call me Klonoa or not I don't really no because you always got some blood thirsty lawyer probably wanting to sue you because you called your self by a video game character and you look like them which is one of the varieties on me not wanting to live here and be abducted by aliens.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 10:22:35 pm »
I can't keep up with this thread easy @_@ I wish you luck on this.
I just want those floofy ears. I've seen some hats of it heheh.

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 10:45:21 am »
I can't keep up with this thread easy @_@ I wish you luck on this.
I just want those floofy ears. I've seen some hats of it heheh.

Klonoa hat fluffy ears cosplays.  :embarassed:

Offline Paw's Gate

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 10:20:27 pm by Paw's Gate »