For each time you go to Idle Chatter, Lolo trips over an object.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa 20th Anniversary Music Album Project  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
Klonoa 20th Anniversary Music Album Project
« on: July 29, 2017, 11:07:12 pm »
WHO WANTS SOME MUSIC?

Yes, the project is exactly what it sounds like, it took me months to even write this because of exams and laziness afterwards, but I'm finally here writing this topic.

I want to make a Klonoa music album collaborating with everyone that knows how to write a note or play a instrument. Anything from digital to physical to hitting spoons together is accepted, as long as we collaborate to make at least 4 tracks. At the end of the project (some days before the anniversary itself) the album will be uploaded to Soundcloud and Youtube (probably on the Untamed Heart accounts if everyone's ok with it). You can upload your tracks on your personal profiles though.

The rules are simple:
- There can be multiple remixes/arranges of the same track
- You can collaborate with other members, that means I could arrange DTP's credits theme and play it on piano, while a member collabs with me by playing the violin part then we join the 2 things together and there is the arrange
- Anything longer than 20 seconds is accepted too, it should be music, not sound effects
- You can use physical and digital instruments/objects and also can use any kind of DAW or composing program.

The workflow will be the following:
[1] Member posts what they want to make and if they may need help for it (any reason is fine, you could be good at composing but bad at playing any instrument)
[2] I or any mods edit the first post and add it to the list down there with a order (Member name, arrange, needs help yes/no and if yes for what)
[3] Member 2 sees the posts and contacts Member 1 either privately or as a reply to his post (the list is there to avoid clutter so go crazy with the posts
[4] Member 1 replies to Member 2 and posts with a update (for ex. M1 is composer, M2 is player)
[5] First post gets edited again to add the new stuff

Some questions to you guys (and other mods even though I'm one) about how I plan to organize this, would it be better if there were multiple threads for each arrange or each member's arranges?

ARRANGE LIST
Arrange IdeatorTrack (Original and Remix name)Can do:Need help for:
VincentmrlStaff Roll (DTP) - Staff Roll Arrange (placeholder)Piano, arrange the whole piece (already halfway through)Need a violinist who can read a sheet or that already knows how to play Staff Roll
VincentmrlSong of Rebirth (DTP) - Piano + Violin Song of Rebirth ArrangePiano, Piece and arrange (working on fixing the official Namco one)Need a violinist who can read a music sheet/knows how to play the piece. Other strings are welcome as there's multiple in the piece (dw I'll add them digitally if needed)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:14:02 pm by Vincentmrl »

Offline soupfistDEV

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Soupify!
Re: Klonoa 20th Anniversary Music Album Project
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 12:36:09 am »
This is pretty interesting... :)

I do have a Sign of Hero piano piece here on my computer somewhere. Maybe I could use that to possibly make a remix of Sign of Hero using FL Studio and whatever else I have.

I might also be able to make another remix of some kind (maybe an acapella remix of Quiet Hometown from Moonlight Museum or a rock cover of Temple in the Sky from Heroes as I've always wanted to do those) but I'm not sure as I don't compose music that much. Not sure if I can help with violins as I don't know squat about string instruments.

I'll contribute as much as I can but don't put me on the list yet until I've decided what I can make in the time I have. :hey:

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 12:33:40 pm »
Ah hell yes :D . this I like. Also if this is really happening you ought to try to get InkEyes from the KMC discord on this perhaps. I know for sure he is good with music  :O

Offline Fennekin

• Fennekin Lover
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Please sit, and let's talk for a while.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 11:54:42 pm »
Ah, I've waited for this :D
Although my ultimate plan is to do a part I wanna try to make a small little something before officially entering :|
I'd hate to enter and only get it halfway or never done  x_x

Offline Atri

• Drunk Cat
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PercipientFish
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 08:31:07 pm »
Hey, InkEyes here. This looks super interesting! I've actually got a(nother) remix of Moonlight Museum and Baguji's theme in the works. They've kinda been on hiatus since wrapping up some small business forays, and FFXII: The Zodiac Age lol

But for sure, if anyone wants to get involved in either of my remixes or wants some help with or even just feedback on their work, get at me in a PM here, and feel free to ask for my discord.