Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa fan book (2014) NOW AVAILABLE  (Read 38100 times)

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -36
Re: Klonoa fan book! Submit your art!
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 08:59:14 am »
I swear, if you guys send this to Namco, who knows that could happen.
For that we need the book to be licensed under Creative Commons CC0 license

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 11:09:00 am »
The reason I think we should make it mandatory that all people that contribute to this book to agree that there works will be licensed under CC0 and must also be uploaded to the internet archive  under CC0 license is so that the book could be free as in freedom http://questioncopyright.org/how_to_free_your_work That way if Namco want to use stuff from the book they will legally be able to do so.
Well, Klonoa is a character owned by Namco - and not under CC0 License at all. Thus, all fanworks based on Klonoa shall be considered as Namco's intellectual properties without a doubt. It's Namco's right to use any stuff from the book at their ease. As for OCs, things might be in a legal gray zone, however; Namco can always contact the artists first, right? Would a fan who even made a Klonoa OC doesn't want to help with the next Klonoa game?

If you really, really want to have the Klonoa series go CC0 License - you should ask Namco directly, not any one of the Klonoa fans.

For that we need the book to be licensed under Creative Commons CC0 license
Again, ka64 have told you the book will be non-profit. So we don't need to worry about the copyright issues.
Can we keep the thread sticking to the topic, please?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:03:03 pm by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 11:21:34 am »
Copyright is more complex than that if they use the pictures from the fanbook without permission they can be sued for copyright infringment. When you create a derative of a copyrighted work you still have right to that derative. Thats why companies don't use fanfics. You can be sued for using stuff you haven't created or if you haven't bought the right to the derative even if you have the rights of the character.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 06:19:16 pm »
Updated rules with another submission type: short comics. You can make a comic up to 2 pages long! Keep it short. :)

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 03:28:10 am »
I think we should collab with Namco. If we do we should make it mandatory for all works to be licensed under CC0.
That way we could publish physical copies http://booksmango.com/

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 04:49:21 pm »
I'm planning on making a submission for this myself. It's a shame I can't submit more than one drawing for the book, because I would make plenty of them if I could  :embarassed: But that means I'll just have to make this submission really special ;D
I want to ask, how many submissions have you gained for the book so far? I'm just really excited for this, and I'd absolutely love to see this book become a success
It a me

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 08:44:44 pm »
I haven't received any yet. :( But I've seen a good amount of people interested.. so hopefully they'll start submitting soon! I'm glad you'll be submitting also. :)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 09:53:26 pm »
I haven't received any yet. :( But I've seen a good amount of people interested.. so hopefully they'll start submitting soon! I'm glad you'll be submitting also. :)

I apologize Ka, I've been so busy. When I get the time I'll make a submission.

Offline MightyFan217

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • ムゲンドラモン
    • MightyFan217 YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 08:34:24 pm »
Lolo in a more Winter themed outfit:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on Pokémon X/Y, ΩR/αS, Fantasy Life, or Super Smash Bros. for 3DS please.

Even if you're not a Digimon fan, sign this and SPREAD THE WORD!

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 01:06:56 am »
By the way how did you like my idea of making it mandatory to make all works under CC0 by posting them on the internet archive. And to collab with Namco and get permission to print physical copies.Also can the Namco approved fan film's script be in it https://archive.org/details/KlonoaStepsFromDreaming here is the preview of the poster http://sta.sh/05rasd0tyth