For each time you go to Idle Chatter, Lolo trips over an object.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa references in new Namco games  (Read 14288 times)

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
Klonoa references in new Namco games
« on: March 08, 2014, 09:00:00 pm »
Hey guys, I wanted to do this since some days but now I'm finally doing it. The topic is what title says, and I'll start with explicit Klonoa references in Ridge Racer Slipstream.

There's a car with Klonoa and Galaga written on it, BUT there's another car that has POPKA written on it's back, unfortunately I can't play the game as it crashes on startup on my phone, but if someone of you has a good phone, download that then screenshot the most you can.

Pictures here, I had to use a gameplay video to see the car with popka written on it and I found it by searching for references on gameplay cause my phone sucks.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Feel free to post other cameos/references you see in new Namco games

Attachments:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:26:50 pm by Vincentmrl »

Offline Spirit Macardi

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:09:33 pm »
I also Noticed "Quox" on the front bumper of one car. That's the name of a dragon in Tower of Druaga, another series Namco has ignored.

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 06:44:57 pm »
found "Klonoa" on the cars
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline Vosseleri

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 06:59:49 am »
Pac-man Monsters (it's a monster collecting/puzzle rpg) is my current time killing mobile game and so far I've only found one Klonoa reference.  The animation fo using a Pac-ball (super attack that isn't actually that super) includes the names of a number of Namco franchises in the background, which all merge into a giant Pac-man that goes and wrecks your enemies (but not the strong ones).  The game also has characters from other Namco games as monsters, but I've only collected a quarter of the monsters in the game so far and haven't seen anything Klonoa-related.

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 03:32:15 pm »
Quote from: "Vosseleri"
Pac-man Monsters (it's a monster collecting/puzzle rpg) is my current time killing mobile game and so far I've only found one Klonoa reference.  The animation fo using a Pac-ball (super attack that isn't actually that super) includes the names of a number of Namco franchises in the background, which all merge into a giant Pac-man that goes and wrecks your enemies (but not the strong ones).  The game also has characters from other Namco games as monsters, but I've only collected a quarter of the monsters in the game so far and haven't seen anything Klonoa-related.
I can't find a picture of that anywhere. Could you provide a screenshot?

Offline Vosseleri

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 04:33:33 am »
^^This was the best I could manage.. A thing to note is that the positions the names are in is random.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 06:19:34 am »
This game looks like an (partially) outsourcing one to me, for the simplicity of these references.

Hmm...If that's true, why would Bamco take down ShiftyLook's Bravoman runner game? Altought it's quite thoughtful to remove a game with in-app purchases which receives no more updates.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
Re: Klonoa references in new Namco games
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 03:03:02 pm »
Discovered this in the new Pac Man mobile game, Pac Man Monsters.

Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 04:33:25 pm »
Guess I'll throw this messy image I made here while we're on the subject of PacMan Monsters.. I have no idea what sub-forum I'd throw this in if I made a topic anyways. xD

Do you see the similarities in the Klonoa art style and this PacMan games art style too?

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 06:48:31 pm »
Guess I'll throw this messy image I made here while we're on the subject of PacMan Monsters.. I have no idea what sub-forum I'd throw this in if I made a topic anyways. xD
(Image removed from quote.)
Do you see the similarities in the Klonoa art style and this PacMan games art style too?

Same artists/designers, maybe?