Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Series  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Zenex Azure

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • "That's a cat."
    • Mixer Channel
Monster Hunter Series
« on: April 23, 2014, 12:47:02 pm »
I haven't been on here for a while. Doesn't mean I forgot about the place, so how about another random topic to try getting back into the swing of things? ^_^

I think most of you know of the Monster Hunter series. The only ones I've ever played was Freedom Unite and only most recently 3 Ultimate. Either way I still enjoyed the heck out of them. So why don't you tell some of your Monster Hunter stories if you've played any of the games. I can't really say much right now. Currently still hyping over how much cooler the gunlance feels in 3 Ultimate ^^;
"Look, ok, thinking is hard."

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Monster Hunter Series
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 01:20:15 pm »
Quote from: "MMZenex"
I haven't been on here for a while. Doesn't mean I forgot about the place, so how about another random topic to try getting back into the swing of things? ^_^

I think most of you know of the Monster Hunter series. The only ones I've ever played was Freedom Unite and only most recently 3 Ultimate. Either way I still enjoyed the heck out of them. So why don't you tell some of your Monster Hunter stories if you've played any of the games. I can't really say much right now. Currently still hyping over how much cooler the gunlance feels in 3 Ultimate ^^;
Actually I've been playing the hell out of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on my Wii U. I love the fact that me and my buddies team up to take out these huge beasts. It's quite a blast.

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
Monster Hunter Series
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 07:57:37 pm »
Freaking monster hunter dos. You have no idea how hard that game is compared to the ones made after it. It takes years to get a weapon and you must be extremely good to kill a monster even because farming weapons is hard (no farm/mining etc, you must go in maps doing that and no gathering quests). I'm stuck at diablos with my epic eager clever, I almost killed that one time but a freaking cephalos had to jump on me and kill me. I tried killing diablos like 50 times. The other monster is Gravios and he's hard and boring too (especially the fact that you take 30mins to do something, he always goes away and then you lose all).

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
Monster Hunter Series
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 09:28:08 pm »
I've played Mohon 3rd on the PSP. Never played with 4 people but 3 players gets pretty funny at times.

I play dual sword with full jinouga set. My friends either used Longsword or Hammer and rarely bow, not exactly the most fun for me cuz I was always getting pushed over by their heavy swings. Eventually our trio connected battle-senses and instead of me being knocked over they would uppercut me with the hammer whenever they got the chance to hit the face of the monster and me...good stuff.

As a dual sword wielder I don't have many solo stories cuz I either destroy or get stepped on. Soloing rank 6 does not give much time to fool around either though the matches solo take 30+minutes

One hilarious story though my bro and his friend would plant G Bombs every chance the got. They managed to KO a monster with the hammer and they places 4 G bombs at its face. Of course my bro and I ran away and our friend swung at the bombs with his longsword...he died lol. We don't know why he died cuz we had done it a few times already and he had 1/4 health remaining but this time he died. Probably the fastest R6 monster kill too; we killed it before he returned to battle. G Bombs are no joke...lol.

Another instance with G Bombs. Our friend was pinned down by a Rathian. And my bro placed as many bombs down as possible on top of our friend. LOL, our friend was like "wait wait, don't, I'm going to die!" while he was mashing his buttons to escape the pin. He almost died, hardly a centimeter of hp on his health bar.

And my bro and I were fighting a Black Diablos...fk those things. We were fighting along the cliff edge of Sandy Planes at #10. My bro with his hammer uppercutted the Diablos in the face but also inadvertently uppercutted me. I got launched into the loading screen to room #11 while the Diablos was KO'd...*nnnooo! my chance to demon dance on its face! ha ha ha...aw :( *

*edit* I really hope Monster Hunter Online comes to NA...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 09:28:49 pm by confuted »

Offline SpykeXD

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
    • Spyke's Got Writer's Block
Monster Hunter Series
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 12:55:02 am »
(First post in a very long time for me :3) I got into Monster Hunter through Monster 3 Ultimate, which is the only one I've played so far. I was in desperate need of an "epic" RPG for my 3DS so I downloaded MH3U and wound up playing it for weeks for awhile. Wound up getting my brother into the series as well and I've played online a couple of times too.

The only story I have to share for it was when I had to complete the quest to kill the Qurupeco in the main game. I didn't expect it to be as hard as it was with my then-current equipment and wound up using up pretty much all my health potions trying to beat him. I even fainted at one point and the paintball wore off so I had to travel all across the map just to find him again. That mission was the one I spent the most time in because it took me almost 15 minutes or so just to kill the stupid thing.

Hopefully as I get further I'll have a better story than that :3