No one is safe from Dar's pranks every April Fool's Day. >:3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Theories, Theories, Scones.  (Read 3180 times)

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
Theories, Theories, Scones.
« on: November 29, 2014, 04:06:42 pm »
This is the perfect place to be serious, eat scones, and discuss theories about Klonoa. List any theories about the Klonoa universe that you have here. (I know I will. •^•)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Theories, Theories, Scones.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 05:10:48 pm »
I think that Ghadius might be a former ruler of the Moon kingdom or had some part in it once upon a long time ago.

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 05:17:04 am »
Moon Kingdom = Kingdom of Sorrow

Offline Spirit Macardi

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 01:01:30 pm »
I have a personal theory that has several parts, but it revolves around a central point: Klonoa is Claire.

We're told in Lunatea's Veil that Claire was a goddess who vanished from the world after fulfilling her duty, and that the Ring is a holy artifact that relates to her... And yet it's something that Klonoa seems to have always had and can wield effortlessly.

Now go back to DtP, where Klonoa was summoned to the world by Huepow and had a set of false memories given to him. However, if Klonoa isn't native to Phantomile, then why does he have the appearance of one of that world's races? Well, since dreams come from memories and thoughts, it stands to reason that changing those memories could alter the form of the dream being. Plus Huepow is able to alter his own form at will, so he may be able to change others as well. And who better to bring in to save a world than a divine being?

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 04:16:12 pm »
Here's a wacky theory that I have, though it's most assuredly near-impossible from being true. But hey, I meant to mention this connection when I first got here, so this has been a bit long overdue:

Hyuponia (Kingdom of Sorrow) is Zanarkand from FFX.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 06:57:47 am »
I looked into stories of every Klonoa game to see if "different Klonoa" exists, just like the Legend of Zelda series.
However, according to the Japanese official site, the story of Lunatea's Veil happens after "Klonoa fell into darkness". What's more, the guidebook of Empire of Dreams suggests Klonoa wake up in "the village where he grew up".

So we may say: Despite all the appearance changes, there's only one Klonoa.
...really?
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 01:34:44 pm »
What's more, the guidebook of Empire of Dreams suggests Klonoa wake up in "the village where he grew up".

....well, that seems to suggest that he comes from the Empire of Dreams. And to grow up in such a Dream-outlawed place...well, makes him wanting to be a dream traveler a little more rationalized, doesn't it? And I guess he returned when he felt he could (though completely forgot about the place, or something) change things there for the better...or maybe some higher-up being sent him there. I dunno, Klonoa canon is just confusing like that.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 10:26:18 pm »
In honor of the series' anniversary I made a little video explaining my theories about the Klonoa Universe (which is also the first video of many I hope to make about all my theories UwU)

Forgive my weak voice, I happened to be catching a cold while making this...

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 03:02:13 am »
Didn't I mention the staff has said it's all up to you to decide how the Klonoa universe works?

I remember "the village where Klonoa grew up" in EoD could refer to Breezegale. I need to check the guidebooks someday when I'm better at Japanese...

In the opening of LV, Klonoa was going to introduce himself but got interrupted. He never say anything about himself since then. Did the staff just want us to treat Klonoa as a "curious boy"?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:23:53 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come