Once you go Klonoa, you can never go slowa.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Shovel Knight amiibo  (Read 2835 times)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
Shovel Knight amiibo
« on: August 28, 2015, 12:47:43 am »
video says it all

Soooo does this pretty much confirm him for smash? I mean now he has an amiibo, so they wouldn't need to make him one, they'd just need to add him to the game

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
Re: Shovel Knight amiibo
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:02:19 am »
Huh, so it is real after all. Neat :0
This doesn't necessarily confirm him for smash, though.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:06:18 am by mnstrmthd »

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 02:38:31 am »
Good news! The Shovel Knight Amiibo has already sold out forever. It hasn't even gone on sale yet, and there are no pre-orders for it yet, but you've already forever missed your chance to get it. Shame, too, since this is the first time an Amiibo has unlocked somepthing VIABLE for a game.

But really, while I think this is probably the coolest features to come with an Amiibo yet, it just...doesn't seem fair for something like Co-op to be locked behind an Amiibo, of all things. But hey, they'll probably make the regular version and the smash Bros. version, so it might be twice as not-rare, which would still be very, very rare.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Chocolat

• Magical Grill
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • My style is rich, dope, phat in which
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 03:35:24 am »
The Amiibo isn't part of the smash line and I don't think non smash amiibos can be used in smash 4 so that's something against him being in smash (Although I wouldn't be surprised if they make an expection for him).

However the fact that other consoles get free bonuses but Wii U/3DS have to pay for their bonuses is kinda bs to be honest.

PS: >Game Grumps
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:37:29 am by Flakk »
Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 03:48:01 am »
The Amiibo isn't part of the smash line and I don't think non smash amiibos can be used in smash 4 so that's something against him being in smash (Although I wouldn't be surprised if they make an expection for him).

However the fact that other consoles get free bonuses but Wii U/3DS have to pay for their bonuses is kinda bs to be honest.

PS: >Game Grumps

Wait, so the PS3/XBAX whatever gets the Co-op/customization included free?

You know, it's not just that you have to pay for this stuff, it's the fact that you'll need to pay for it from grubby, money-seeking price-jackers who'll gurantee you'll be spending 2x the price of the game to be getting a little figure to unlock stuff that everyone else gets for free. I mean...that's just wrong, no?

Also I have no idea about Smash compatability, but I know Smash Amiibos work with normal games, so if Shovel Knight gets into Smash (which he PROBABLY WILL at this point), then his Smash amiibo would unlock stuff, too.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Chocolat

• Magical Grill
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • My style is rich, dope, phat in which
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 05:27:44 am »
Wait, so the PS3/XBAX whatever gets the Co-op/customization included free?

You know, it's not just that you have to pay for this stuff, it's the fact that you'll need to pay for it from grubby, money-seeking price-jackers who'll gurantee you'll be spending 2x the price of the game to be getting a little figure to unlock stuff that everyone else gets for free. I mean...that's just wrong, no?

Also I have no idea about Smash compatability, but I know Smash Amiibos work with normal games, so if Shovel Knight gets into Smash (which he PROBABLY WILL at this point), then his Smash amiibo would unlock stuff, too.

PS4/XBO Get a God of War/Battletoads boss fight for free, amiibo features are exclusive to the wii u.

Also I would be kinda surprised if they announce a shovel knight smash amiibo so soon after the standard one, the only way I could see it work is if the dlc waves are quite a far way off.
Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 05:43:00 am »
PS4/XBO Get a God of War/Battletoads boss fight for free, amiibo features are exclusive to the wii u.

Also I would be kinda surprised if they announce a shovel knight smash amiibo so soon after the standard one, the only way I could see it work is if the dlc waves are quite a far way off.

You know, that makes me wonder. Why DIDN'T the Wii U/3DS get a franchise-specific boss fight? I mean, could you imagine how awesome it would be to get a Mario level as an exclusive, and have a Boswer Boss fight? Or maybe something to do with the Legend of Zelda, but both would be Awesome.

Odds are, though, the Smash Bros. amiibo would come much further down the line, along with the Roy and Ryu Amiibos.

Offline Braixen

• Attends nightly prank call meetings
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
  • Wario
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 09:23:33 am »
That could mean...
QUOTE AMIIBO?!

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 11:39:14 am »
Pikachu plushie tired sleep haha. :big_smile:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Shovel Knight amiibo showing sympathy know Nintendo's Smash Bros amiibo sympathy at least you tried probably anything.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:51:30 am by CarminaSuva »

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 03:46:20 pm »
That could mean...
QUOTE AMIIBO?!

Wait, you mean Quote from Cave Story?
Yes please!