No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Improving ping?  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
Improving ping?
« on: August 19, 2014, 07:02:05 pm »
So since I play a lot of multi' arcade games that require stuff like GGPO/Supercade to function online, I need good ping/connection. And lately it's been garbage.

A golden example of this is GGPO's Skullgirls engine. It blows and for me it blows even harder. I already had some issues with that program on Darkstalkers and for this game it has a lot more trouble with it. The ping will either be fair or it will spike up at random (I always make sure my browser's down and nothing's downloading, Skype stays open though). It actually used to be really good but lately it's been causing massive input drops and skips. It also seems to work fine if I'm the host of the room but gets unbelievably laggy for the guest, and vice versa.

I'm using a WiFi router for my internet and I've been told that's the main issue, although it never was before. The router's connected to another router that relies on phone jacks, which is being functioned by our telephone company. The company's a monopoly and we can't switch, and they keep messing with our service.

TL;DR can't play games because of bad connection, causes said games to goof up, is it my wifi and/or meh-tier telephone company service? And can I fix it without problems?
And thanks in advance.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Improving ping?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 07:17:55 pm »
http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Many things on this website help that some or have for me anyways.

Disable nageling via tcp optimizer make sure to run it as admin.

Also if you internet is dropping packets which happened to me once then set a large as possible MTU 1500-9000 depending on your network adapter's max mtu limit that with soften the issue a little.

Some people might know more about this stuff than me but this is what I know so far.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 07:28:06 pm »
http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Many things on this website help that some or have for me anyways.

Disable nageling via tcp optimizer make sure to run it as admin.

Also if you internet is dropping packets which happened to me once then set a large as possible MTU 1500-9000 depending on your network adapter's max mtu limit that with soften the issue a little.

Some people might know more about this stuff than me but this is what I know so far.

Will try that, and see if nabbing the main computer's jack cable will help at all too.

Thanks, bruh :D

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 10:04:54 pm »
Try Leatrix Latency Fix

Also check your modem for Latency setting, be sure it's "Fast Path" not "Interleaved" :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:18:13 pm by Rupurudu! »

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 10:19:22 pm »
Try Leatrix Latency Fix

It turns out that this prob' seems to be more on how bad my tech is, and that there's probably malware. If I still need to explore on this problem I'll definitely check that out.