There are several cat-like creatures in series, but one is the best. (Tat, obviously.)

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Theory: Who created the Wind Ring?  (Read 2868 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Theory: Who created the Wind Ring?
« on: February 09, 2015, 01:01:11 am »
I know we discussed a lot of things pertaining to theories in the Klonoa universe, but this is one I never heard talked about: the mysterious Wind Ring. It of course is a key item that, other than Klonoa, appeared in every game. It's clear Klonoa doesn't question it, yet he has it  with him. Is is possible it is from his 'waking' world? Or possibly it's something ingrained in him deep that it's second nature and he doesn't know it? Discuss.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Theory: Who created the Wind Ring?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 01:12:57 am »
I would like to know more of Klonoa's past but the earliest I know of is DtP or in another theory maybe heroes but it will be a bit before I let my self fully know the story of Klonoa Heros.

I had one theory wondering if the wind ring was literally a part of him in some senses at one point.
Or If it is from whatever his waking world is then perhaps it is partially what allows him to dream travel.
There is also the Ring showing up on a table in the endings of Lunatea's Veil and Door to Phantomile to think about.

Hmm I remember some interesting images in the wind kingdom ruins depicting a Klonoa or a Klonoa like figure. I wonder how they predicted his arrival or was he summoned. They may not have much to do with the wind ring but I feel there might be some small connection at least.

Almost Literally Klonoa came through a door xD I think
Click on the image for a bigger version

It was changed in the wii make
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:42:22 am by Daemyn »

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 04:03:36 pm »
Never played Klonoa Heroes so I don't know how true this is, but I remember hearing that the ring was a gift from his Grandpa. Of course, Klonoa Heroes is spin-off game, so not sure if that changes anything.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 05:02:42 am »
If Klonoa never questioned it, should we players do?
Yes, the ring did appear in the both endings of DtP and LV. But does that have something to do with Klonoa?

Somebody might want to ask Hideo Yoshizawa - he's the scenario writer of Klonoa 2.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:04:47 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 06:40:08 am »
Eh I tend to question any/everything but I usually keep theories to myself. except for in threads like these. My own theories can change a lot and the only thing I have come to for an answer is that I'll probably never get a very certain one.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 09:12:23 am »
Yes, the ring did appear in the both endings of DtP and LV. But does that have something to do with Klonoa?

Because we can. Klonoa and the universe the games are in leaves a lot of unanswered questions. Anyone who is usually into a game likes to question things like that, just like a fan of Cave Story. Plus most creators love it when the fans of their games come up with theories.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:20:34 am by the_darai »

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 09:28:06 am »

Somebody might want to ask Hideo Yoshizawa - he's the scenario writer of Klonoa 2.
Um, there's a reason why we're making theories about it at all. It's something among many things in the games that catches our interest, and has us thinking about what meaning they might have. We may not ever get any real confirmation on it, but we never needed it in the first place, because the ambiguity of it all is what makes it so great; it has us making our own answers, which is much stronger than any kind of blunt confirmation we'll get from the games or the creator himself.

All in all, just let this thread be, instead of trying to shoot it down...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:32:15 am by AlphaRed9X »
It a me