Vincentmrl's Mac can make origami out of hamburga french fry. Don't ask how.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Fake 4chan leak lol  (Read 1559 times)

Offline RGBStuff

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
Fake 4chan leak lol
« on: July 01, 2023, 11:27:01 pm »
I was looking through in the /vg/ channel on 4chan, when i came across a post with the image you see here, i but for the life of me I cant seem to find the thread any more, but here are some highlights from i can remember:

- The game is a WIP Remake of Klonoa Heroes, planned for a 2025 release

- The HUD is unfinished, and the game uses models from Wii-make as placeholders

- The game is now has some minor platforming elements
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 02:07:32 pm by RGBStuff »

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: 4chan image leak(?)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 11:28:07 pm »
This is fake.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 09:58:14 pm »
Ooh! I love rumours! :D

Would be interesting to see if this turns out to be real or not.

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 10:15:09 pm »
Ooh! I love rumours! :D

Would be interesting to see if this turns out to be real or not.

Do i really need to explain why this is fake...  :embarassed:

Starting with:

-If the screenshot is taken from a TV and is super blurry it already is a red flag, that is an usual trick for creating these.

-The HUD looks like it was added in after the picture out of the TV was taken, it's not hard to tell by the perspective.

-Perspective doesn't exist in this thing, look at the white fences, and that moo in the back, they are pasted PNGs. Besides, this camera angle also just enforces the fact that this is a Photoshop, no one would aim it like this as if it is Halo, doesn't match with where he is pointing to, the Moo.

-Klonoa's attack doesn't match with the pose all that well, i know this is a prototype, but still, this just looks like a random generic picture from another source.

-Already has subtitles for dialogue? Would it even have dialogue at all?

-Look at the landscape, do i even need to say... This was done with a Photoshop brush, the whole thing, besides the landscape doesn't seem genuine for a game, not even for a testing alpha enviroment, or even for an early version of some map, if you really can't tell this is a photoshop brush, really, again the fences, but look at this sharp "hill", and specially that stone, look at the clouds...

-Each model seems to have different lighting, they don't match, you could've at least have excused this to be in fullbright mode, since this is a prototype...

Really, don't believe or share leaks as soon as you see it, many people do this nowadays, such as saying that Pokémon character is lesbian, even tho she is not, and there was no source or confirmation of her being lesbian, but that spread like wildfire, later who ever started this fire admitted to be wrong, but he was late, 4chan and this kind of stuff is full of these, so, yeah, next time, don't get so quickly into this kind of stuff.  :hey:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 10:17:40 pm by rapappa the pepper, Reason: Another evidence added »
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline RGBStuff

• Heart Moo
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2023, 02:31:15 am »
rebuttal:

nuh uh  :angry:

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2023, 07:26:18 am »
Sigh… if only. If only.

Honestly, even if it is fake, that false hope is kinda nice to have for me. It’s fun to imagine such an ambitious project being made. But yeah the background does kinda look like it was painted in photoshop. And there’s been more convincing looking game leaks than this that turned out to be hoaxes.

Although, it would probably fall in line with the interview saying they would follow up with GBA game releases, so there’s that. If it looked like this, I wouldn’t complain one bit.

When I got a notification that Phantasy Reverie was going on sale, on Steam the day before a Bandai Namco Presentation I was sure it meant something would be announced there. Silly me though. But again, this “leak” is weirdly enough a pleasant surprise and somehow almost makes up for it. I’m tempted to share this forum thread with some friends haha. It takes me back to the era of Super Smash Bros leaks and it makes me feel nostalgic~
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 07:29:48 am by ThatGuy70 (Mikey) »

Offline RGBStuff

• Heart Moo
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2023, 11:17:31 am »
Sigh… if only. If only.

Honestly, even if it is fake, that false hope is kinda nice to have for me. It’s fun to imagine such an ambitious project being made... this “leak” is weirdly enough a pleasant surprise and somehow almost makes up for it. I’m tempted to share this forum thread with some friends haha. It takes me back to the era of Super Smash Bros leaks and it makes me feel nostalgic~

Well, thanks! purhaps I should refine this and make it more of a mock up than a leak.

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2023, 12:14:39 pm »
…dude were you the one who made this lol. Well played if so.

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2023, 01:20:54 pm »
Can you edit the title after you revealed that it is in-fact made up?