Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Figuring those clips's sources  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
Figuring those clips's sources
« on: October 11, 2017, 11:01:01 am »
Hi, it's been a while since I've manifested here. Maintly because I didn't feel too good about my actions last time, enough for me to refrain from talking, at least for a certain amount of time.

..Anyways. So for a while, I was listening to the Klonoa Fan discs (once again), and went through the second one. Compared to the other discs, this one wasn't particularly interesting, but that's not why I'm here.

But in this second disc, you have that weird track called "Twelfth Dream", that maintly uses lots of DtP Klonoa's sound-effects as instruments.
Naturally, I played the game of trying to discern every one of them, and it was pretty easy, except for that very one, at 1:15 :

(Timestamps doesn't work)

Eventually, for not figuring it out as quickly as the others, I thus went on a quest to find its source...
...which did not end successfully :sick:

So I'm asking for assistance here ! I'd be more than happy if you could help, even if i'ts to say something hilariously wrong :hey:

Here's what I thought of it this far. It pronounces either like a high "Huepow", "dupu" or a mix between the beginning of "rupurudu" and something else. I seriously looked at every single cutscene of the game for around 30 min, to end-up not finding anything close to it, other than the beginning of that mentionned "rupurudu".

There is another weird sound-clip from the first track of the same disc, "You should not be inquisitive!", at 2:48 :

So this one sound-clip seems more grown-up than something to come from DtP's Klo.
But there's nothing as similar to this, even after looking at Klo's voice clips in Heroes or NamcoXCapcom. BVB doesn't seem like a good contender, and the GBA games all took the voice clips from DtP and L'sV, making them pointless to check out. (I'm lazy checking if the remake was made after those Fan discs, so here I'll assume i'ts the case :unsure:).

Thus the last coherent choice should be Lunatea's Veil, but I hardly remember something Klonoa said that was audible, just as close as this. Or you know, potentially..something that has nothing to do with Klonoa itself, since Kumiko Watanabe voiced a bunch of other characters with lookalike voices (That's what I assume).

Finally done :) Now I really want to know, even if it will end-up making me look like a fool (Not the first time doe). Otherwise, this will stick onto my mind for the next week or so, and that's totally NOT what I need at the moment :very_angry: :embarassed:
Besides, i'ts a pretty fun game for everyone to try out !
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:58:17 pm by Balneor »

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
Re: Figuring those clips's sources
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 05:20:56 pm »
I'm not sure about the second one, but the first one is definitely just the "dupa-dupa" taunt noise with mixing. The one while walking, I believe.

Offline Painty

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
Re: Figuring those clips's sources
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 09:32:31 pm »
Ooo, a  sound-file mystery. Getting some Undertale vibes here.

shuffles away