Klonoa Collective: Where our official ship is Joka x Janga.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: New 3DS inbound  (Read 4815 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
New 3DS inbound
« on: August 29, 2014, 10:30:25 am »
For those of you who haven't seen the Nintendo Direct earlier, it has been announced that there's a new 3DS revision coming out with a second analog, better resolution, additional shoulder buttons, and themes (you can theme the system menu) as well as removable faceplates, head tracking for better 3D, faster CPU, and built-in NFC support. Exclusive game for it would be Xenoblade Chronicles (as well as Shulk being confirmed for SSB4).

EDIT: If you're having problems opening the attachment, right click on it and either save or open it in a new tab/window.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 03:15:10 pm by the_darai »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: New 3DS inbound
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 12:48:05 pm »
I wonder if that means the old 3ds will become really outdated as far as game support or not later on?

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:45:49 pm »
dear god reading this makes it sound like a rubix cube to me x_x

Sweet how the normal New 3DS is $154 or so. Was scared it'd be over $200 again hahah. This is gonna make playing MH4U a lot better.

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 07:46:47 pm »
"You have this console that has only been around for 3 years and changed that is already obsolete, and you're gonna have this split market now of people who own the new 3DS and people who own the old one, and your old 3DS is gonna become a paperweight barely 3 years after it's been released"

Sorry for the negative response...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:55:37 pm by Scroptels GL »

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 08:29:26 pm »
The idea of having to buy a new 3DS in the not-so-distant future isn't exactly good news to me (I'm poor as heck) but the improvements sound worth it in the long run. Still I don't want to see my fancy shmancy zelda 3DS just collecting dust..

Get me Majora's Mask 3D with a themed new 3DS and I'll shut up forever 8|

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 09:03:32 pm »
"You have this console that has only been around for 3 years and changed that is already obsolete, and you're gonna have this split market now of people who own the new 3DS and people who own the old one, and your old 3DS is gonna become a paperweight barely 3 years after it's been released"

Sorry for the negative response...

Am I the only one that thinks this is a non-issue? For starters HOW is it going to be a split market? People seem to forget that Nintendo has done this before (Game Boy Color, DSi) yet despite it all, the games were still playable save for the games that were enhanced by the new revision (color games for GBC, DS-i enhanced games). If anything there will be very few games that take advantage of the new revision if history told us anything. It'll still push units that's for sure. I know I just wanted a 3DS with analog without carrying around that bulky Circle Pad Pro add-on.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 11:29:01 pm »
Hmm...I'll probably get one, if a new Pokemon game were to be exclusive to it.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 09:07:17 am »
Good thing I don't care for nintendo portable consoles at all. My IPod Touch 4g is enough for all the portable gaming I need so far. I mainly use emulators. I bought it for music and e-books, not gaming.

Offline dragee

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ♩♪♩♩♪
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 12:58:20 am »

Oh.. I bought 3ds LL before announcement.... x_x

Offline Arazeml

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Ice princess that can't retire from Mario Kart.
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 09:17:26 pm »
I STILL don't know what to think of it. Granted, it REALLY depends of if the currently old 3DS has NFC built in or not.

I REALLY hate how Nintendo is already supporting this when they BARELY supported the old 3DS merchandising/theme plates wise. . .
[