It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy vs. Super Mario 3D World [MUSIC THREAD]  (Read 2613 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Super Mario Galaxy vs. Super Mario 3D World [MUSIC THREAD]
« on: December 25, 2014, 10:03:07 pm »
Hey y'all. I just wanted to talk about the musical variations that two Mario games have done. They've both did something completely different from using chiptunes, which was refreshing, and their music is beautiful. So with that said, which music from which game did you like the most?

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
Re: Super Mario Galaxy vs. Super Mario 3D World [MUSIC THREAD]
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 03:31:11 pm »
Someone? Anyone?

What a bummer. :/

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 05:58:43 pm »
I haven't even got to play 3D World yet, but I have to say, as much as I love the Galaxy soundtrack, the 3D World soundtrack is easily one of my favorites of any Mario game. Not only is the music itself incredible, but the greater focus on Big Band Jazz suits the absurd nature of this game as well as the entire Mario series soooo well, it makes me wonder why they haven't done it sooner.

Chainlink Charge alone is one of the catchiest and most feel-good themes I've ever heard. I mean, you simply can't be in a bad mood when listening to this :big_smile:
It a me

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 06:56:09 pm »
Well, you can't deny that both games have great soundtracks, though it should be noted that Galaxy's differs a lot from most Mario games preceeding it: whereas they had a large "Latin American" soundtrack to them (which was what Galaxy was originally going to have, before it was decided against such), this game instead opts for a more "orchestrated" soundtrack, with different tempos made to fit with Mario's movement, and even the spund effects and such.

...Of course, I could go on and on about how well the music fits the atmosphere, but instead...well, just listen to a sample.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 07:20:49 pm »
Well, you can't deny that both games have great soundtracks, though it should be noted that Galaxy's differs a lot from most Mario games preceeding it: whereas they had a large "Latin American" soundtrack to them (which was what Galaxy was originally going to have, before it was decided against such), this game instead opts for a more "orchestrated" soundtrack, with different tempos made to fit with Mario's movement, and even the spund effects and such.

I haven't even got to play 3D World yet, but I have to say, as much as I love the Galaxy soundtrack, the 3D World soundtrack is easily one of my favorites of any Mario game. Not only is the music itself incredible, but the greater focus on Big Band Jazz suits the absurd nature of this game as well as the entire Mario series soooo well, it makes me wonder why they haven't done it sooner.

Chainlink Charge alone is one of the catchiest and most feel-good themes I've ever heard. I mean, you simply can't be in a bad mood when listening to this :big_smile:

Damn it all, you both are playing two of my favorite song from both games. Though I'm used to Chainlink Charge being called Athletic Theme 2. I'm not sure what the actual name of it is but I always wanted the official OST from both games.

What do you think about Galaxy 2's soundtrack?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:22:43 pm by the_darai »

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 07:43:54 pm »
What do you think about Galaxy 2's soundtrack?
To be brutally honest, Galaxy 2's soundtrack is even better than the first (you thought I was gonna say it sucked, huh? Well being honest ain't always a bad thing ;))
It a me