Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: An Idea to make the Webcomic a Video Game  (Read 5278 times)

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
An Idea to make the Webcomic a Video Game
« on: October 10, 2016, 01:16:42 pm »
So, I'm kinda thinking what if Klonoa DTONS has a video game of its own? Some of you may want the traditional puzzle platforming game like the previous games but I have a different idea. Ever heard of the "Dynasty Warriors" series? If not, here's a short gameplay video:

My idea is to make the game a hack-and-slash genre just like Klonoa Heroes except that you have an army to lead. It would be nice if Namco and Koei could collaborate into making this though. Just imagine, Klonoa and his friends all around the Dreamworld joining forces to face a new threat that will endanger their worlds. Klonoa's forces will consists of Breezegale militias, Jugpot, Forlock and Cress soldiers, and so on while Hue's forces will consists of Nighty-knights, Moos, Glibz and so on.

Here are some playable characters that I can think off :embarassed:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Imagine Klonoa wiping out a group of Nighty-Knights that are surrounding him :smile2:

Well, that's all I can think off at this moment. Feel free to post some opinions about this. Anything will do ;)

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
Re: An Idea to make the Webcomic a Video Game
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 07:57:47 pm »
I thought about doing something with Dream Traveler of Noctis Sol, but then I realized that this was essentially going to be a rewrite.

Let's see what I remember ...

I was thinking, maybe, a Heroes-style thing since it was dialog heavy but your idea could also work since there would be recruits over time and the regaining of territory by the resistance.

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 12:21:06 pm »
Additional stuff coming through:

I was also thinking of a title for the game and decided on "Klonoa Dream Warriors". The story will still follow the Dream Traveler of Noctis Sol webcomic. You can play both the Heroes and Villains' story paths. Would you restore peace to the Dream worlds or would you create chaos instead? The choice is up to you. Just for laughs, maybe add some bad voice actings as well...

...or maybe not :embarassed:

The game wouldn't be complete without the generic officers (with random-generated names) leading the lesser ones in the battlefield. Maybe some character customization or create your own officer would also be good here as well. I also want the bodyguard system like the previous Dynasty Warriors to make a return here and choose your own bodyguards (up to 2 only) to accompany you (Like Klonoa having 2 Nighty-knights as bodyguards xD).

Opinions and stuff are always welcome here :smile2:

Offline Tortwag

• Disciple of the Sonic Slash Claw
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 17
  • Crazily self-proclaimed Shell Master
    • Jest'O'Clock
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 12:48:12 pm »
That sounds too much like a certain game called Hyrule Warriors - the title especially (and well it's made by the makers of Dynasty Warriors). But then it feels like it could be a really cool idea to ahve a hack'n'slash Klonoa à la Dynasty Warriors, but I wonder if it shouldn't have a gimmick unique to itself (reminding the player that it's still a puzzle game) to make it unique.

I'd propose "Klonoa - Dream Crusaders", but that sounds too much like a certain fanfiction I just got back into writing, lol.

The idea to control either the heroes or the villains seem cool, too, since it means we'd get to play as either Klonoa and Nightmare Klonoa, kinda like Sonic and Shadow in Sonic Adventure 2. Like that game, we could have a final story to unlock with both Klonoas fighting against Tenebrae Hue. That too would be interesting, methinks.

And hey, managing armies. That may just be the gimmick we're lookin' for. Making a hack'n'slahs a bit more strategical than usual. Since well Klonoa's not the type to rely on power alone, after all.
Currently writing a Klonoa-themed fanfiction called Crusaders of Pugiland! Discover it here: https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=1462.0

Also started an art topic for said fanfiction, which you can find right here: https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=1877.msg26101#msg26101

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 11:52:17 am »
Guntz is a villian in the comic so he should be a villian in the game if made
Guess what... You're a Cutie