Untamed Heart: Wahoo is more popular than Yahoo!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa + Kirby Crossover?  (Read 2461 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Klonoa + Kirby Crossover?
« on: February 19, 2014, 06:43:42 pm »
Because I'm too lazy to copy/paste:

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:55:59 pm »
I think that won't work because Kirby is only light hearted, because it's always happy all the time, Klonoa in the other side, has the happy to sad, easy to hard etc story (and pretty much everything else too, included gameplay). It would be a nice crossover yes, but it won't have that strange feel you get in Klonoa games.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 10:46:43 pm »
Quote from: "Vincentmrl"
I think that won't work because Kirby is only light hearted, because it's always happy all the time, Klonoa in the other side, has the happy to sad, easy to hard etc story (and pretty much everything else too, included gameplay). It would be a nice crossover yes, but it won't have that strange feel you get in Klonoa games.
I beg to differ. If you played Kirby Super Star, Revenge of MetaKnight wasn't happy, it had more of a serious tone. Besides in both series, there have been plagues of nightmares, and I would be safe to assume that nightmares aren't too happy.
;)   

I wouldn't say that the Klonoa games are strange per se, but they have a outwordly feel to them for sure. Kirby games are a little serene, but in a sense, isn't that how most dreams are, outwordly and serene? And that's why I think it would work.

Frullop

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 12:41:46 am »
Most of the evil in Klonoa represented negative emotions, while Kirby's is just typical Nintendo evil. Like "good and happy aw yea- oh no wait nvm there's darkness from nowhere with nada meanings wah".

So yeah the two wouldn't mix much. Klonoa was "strange" because it was deeper and you could feel it. You could relate or feel how the characters felt, especially in LV. Kirby is just like got2gofast with charries that have almost no emotions.

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 09:21:33 am »
Quote from: "Frullop"
Most of the evil in Klonoa represented negative emotions, while Kirby's is just typical Nintendo evil. Like "good and happy aw yea- oh no wait nvm there's darkness from nowhere with nada meanings wah".

So yeah the two wouldn't mix much. Klonoa was "strange" because it was deeper and you could feel it. You could relate or feel how the characters felt, especially in LV. Kirby is just like got2gofast with charries that have almost no emotions.
Yeah that's what I mean, Kirby is more aimed at having fun in a fast paced game, Klonoa is more story based and the gameplay feels it's there like a movie, still the puzzles are awesome.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 02:54:16 am »
Which is true, I suppose. But in a sense both games are a lot alike, ESPECIALLY the first Kirby game, Kirby's Dreamland, which you had to use an enemy to attack/throw them into other things. While Kirby games never focused on story, it doesn't mean it would hinder anything since Klonoa games DO have a story. In short, Kirby would just 'go with the flow'.