Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Artsy's Gallery  (Read 31868 times)

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
Re: Artsy's Gallery
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2017, 05:58:50 pm »
Hello, everybody! I understand it's been a... long while since I've posted here. And I really am sorry about that, and I just want to say I'm not dead, I'm not leaving, and I'm not losing interest in Klonoa...! What's been happening this past while is I've been trying to not drop out of college. I struggled in some classes and had been put on academic hold because of it, and I've had to go through a lot just to be able to apply for classes this semester. Needless to say I haven't really been present on many websites for a while, I've stuck to tumblr because it's been manageable. I've been taking requests on tumblr, too, just really quick sketches that can be captured with my phone, not scanned, but as I haven't gotten any Klonoa requests, I haven't cross posted anything here.

But that doesn't mean I haven't drawn Klonoa! Here are some Klonoa sketches I've drawn during this past semester, but never had the time to scan and post here! They're mixed and matched with other sketches, but that wouldn't be the first time I've posted a hodge podge on this site x_x

Some vent art

Hype!!!!! For the Klonoa movie!!!! I tried giving Guntz a new outfit, too, haha :embarassed: with a longer jacket, Buntz's hat, jeans, and a bandoleer...!

Trying to draw Guntz at some dynamic angle and being absolutely terrible at it, I'll try again some other day + some more vent art (those are song lyrics from Juanes's "A Dios le Pido")

Just an unfinished Klonoa sketch. I'll probably never finish it, but I like how it looks..!

Finally, I drew a role reversal Lolo and Popka! In a parallel universe where they are the sky pirates and Leo and Tat are the priestesses...! I will most likely finalize this and draw Leo and Tat as well! + more art back from Inktober.

If you guys do want to see a little more, non-klonoa things I've been up to, you can check my tumblr, or my art tag (ask-artsy-oncie.tumblr.com/tagged/josiemod-draws), if you want to see more Klonoa things from me, I'll be making more in the future, but you can also send me a request or commission via tumblr, and I will cross post them here..!

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2017, 08:14:36 pm »
Another thing that I have been working on for the longest time now, is a Klonoa/Aida AU. I've been fairly hush-hush about this, and only threw little hints and tidbits around to people who knew me on skype or had my phone number. I still have a lot I'd like to work on and I'm completely in love and invested in this AU, so you guys will see more of this in the future!

However, I also have some bad news, in the sense that an animatic I've been working on for this AU has been put on indefinite hold. It's just because not only has this just been the absolute worst way to put together an animatic (I'll explain later) but I'm also just generally unsatisfied with how the final product looks in its movement. I feel like Janga should have a much looser, more fluid look to him, yes, even in an animatic, and I might just end up fully animating this one day to give it the movement and look it deserves.

But yes, the process I used to make this thing was disgusting. First, I hand drew everything on paper, then had to scan each individual sheet (I think the total count came to almost 20 double sided sheets???) which I get is typical for animation but... I just shouldn't have done this on paper... This should have been done digitally... And that's because after scanning it I had to manually photoshop every single still together (with a trackpad, too....) and making sure everything lined up because, again, I drew this all on paper and couldn't use layers or transparency or anything before putting it all into WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER and shortening every image to the exact timing and windows movie maker doesn't synch audio correctly unless you play it from the very beginning and it was a huge, incoherent mess of a process that I never want to repeat.

I started this so long ago, that it was actually going to be my entry for the forum talent show, heheh :embarassed:

But the final (completely unfinished) product doesn't look TOO terrible, and I'm proud enough of it to post it on the internet, so here you go!

Other than that, since this is an unfinished project that I don't have plans to finish, I've decided to upload the pieces I drew during the process of making this...!

Concepts:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Backgrounds:

Sketches:

After all the effort I had put into this, I was kind of sad that more than half of the video would never see the light of day, so thus, I've uploaded all the leftovers here. Don't worry though, this is definitely not the last you'll see of this AU or this song! I could never pass up a chance to animate Janga, and fortunately, I've been able to save up for TV Paint so I could someday do so..!

But there's also another thing I've been working on that won't be seen for a while, a lot of behind-the-scenes work, if you will, on something special.... An actual Klonoa animation that I'm really excited about :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:19:05 pm by Artsy »

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2017, 10:56:12 pm »
I was trying to rack my brain thinking of where I heard Aida before -- I think you posted some sketches/drawings unrelated to the animatic here a while ago.

Anyway, I wish I knew you were working on this. I could've given some advice. I minored in Digital Animation and took a few editing classes at electives. Unfortunately, most of the stuff that I learned on is either (1) outdated and discontinued and (2) prohibitively expensive for home use so I could only give advice on technique and process.

Let me say that I love this.
I love the way that you draw Janga.
I love how expressive Janga and Guntz are.

When it comes to the " stiffness " maybe try adding some more in-betweens. Janga's mouth was pretty fluid throughout and I'm impressed with that amount of detail. You usually don't see that much in an animatic.

And ... now I have to sleep a bit and hope Janga doesn't deploy a soothing singing voice in my dreams to lure me into a false sense of security.

That only happened like twice.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2017, 11:53:46 pm »
Haha, thank you! And yes, I am well past working in movie maker (I hardly even use it as an editor anymore) though if you have any knowledge about the pro version of TV Paint, I'd never turn down any words of wisdom...!

Oh, also, one thing I'd just like to add, because I've had the misfortune of having my art stolen these past few months (it was either the end of November or the beginning of December), no one may use the images I've posted in relation to the animatic for anything, icons, reaction images, what have you. For these particular drawings, I'd prefer they stay on this website on this thread. Thank you.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2017, 07:49:57 pm »
Hmm the one time I did try art/painted I overlayed some extremely faint like rgb 250,255,250 color letters in it so that it would be hard to steal without it being revealed with a strong color filter or contrast. I wonder if you can do that for your art images? To make sort of like a money anti counterfeiting system except for art instead. like hiding your signature almost 98% invisible in various places in the image.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2017, 08:03:08 pm »
I am aware of watermarking. I do this on my portfolio work and previews for anything I'm looking to sell. For fan art, I don't, but it hasn't caused me grief in arguing my case against art theft.

Basically what happened is that someone had used pictures I drew in a YouTube video without my knowledge, permission, or credit (they used a number of stolen works of art, so I was notified via PSA). I was able to get the videos taken down because tumblr happens to date posts, so I had the original date I posted them, and could prove they were mine and not the youtuber's. Needless to say, the videos were taken down because the thief's argument was just "I didn't steal" with no evidence to support this :P

I'm usually pretty chill with people using my fan art (with permission and credit), I'm just asking that for this animatic, I'd like everything to remain here, on this thread...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:05:20 pm by Artsy »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2017, 11:50:13 pm »
Ah hopefully that crap won't happen again. Eh I have a tad bit of ocd sometimes with security xD. and I totally understand you wanting to keep your art just here and such.

I hope things go well.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2017, 05:23:37 pm »
I was inspired by the newest chapter of @Mobotropolis 's story "Reflection of the Heart" this morning

Enjoy (under a spoiler cut for crass language)

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2017, 06:23:28 pm »
That is a great facial expression. For both of them, really.

... and given that Namco x Capcom happens next a very accurate one. :D

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2017, 07:01:36 am »
Very nice kitty
Guess what... You're a Cutie