No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: [Brainstorming] Klonoa Versus Event  (Read 8644 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
[Brainstorming] Klonoa Versus Event
« on: November 23, 2014, 02:14:30 am »
So there's this event that we're planning in the near future, for a month long we'll be having the forums split  up into two teams: Team Phantomile and Team Lunatea. Of course we have a few ideas in place, but I thought it would be a groovy idea to see what ideas you guys can come up with to make a truly fun event.  Just listen some ideas guys. I'll let you know if we'll be able to use them, unable to use them, or possibly use said ideas for a later event.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: [Brainstorming] Klonoa Versus Event
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 02:42:49 am »
And I'll be on team Lucario, with ALOIYD!

Well, I would be interested in seeing what exactly you come up with. Though, I wonder what this would entail...Drawing contest? Smash Bros./Pokemon Tournament? Massive, sudden Roleplay? Paintball contest?...Insult Swordfighting? The possibilities are endless.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline dragee

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ♩♪♩♩♪
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 05:03:33 am »
COOL! that's good idea for me ;D
ummm...If Klonoa beach volleyball had pc ver and multiplay, I would recommend it. haha  :embarassed:

SSB4,Pokemon,Mario kart..etc Tournaments are cool I will choose Zeld...oh no.... Link!(MK8).
but we also need to think about something that everyone(in team) can enjoy(I'm thinking about it now/above-mentioned tournaments need game console like Wii U,3ds);3

Btw Selection of teams are random? or we have a choice?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:24:37 am by dragee »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 05:12:53 am »
hmm drawing contest. lets play contest but not everyone can do that here :c
could do something like a  battle roleplay I once used Ghadius in place of a Pokemon for some random shoutbox pokemon battle it was quite odd @Sable-Xeno should remember this xD

Could just make it 2 member groups on the forums and have them be rivaling groups on anything but especially when it comes to Phantomile and Lunatea.
that would definitely leak into forums games but at least it would make them less boring for me.

Phantomoo vs. Lunamoo day ?

that's all of my ideas for now I'll toss more out later when I get some

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 05:40:56 am »
Phantomille vs. Lunatea?

I choose none xD

In the case of ideas, I would suggest Smash Bros 4 tourney. (GANON FTW)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:21:41 am by ALOIYD »

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 11:18:26 am »
ummm...If Klonoa beach volleyball had pc ver and multiplay, I would recommend it. haha  :embarassed:

this could be possible with emus and netplay so it could be a valid idea

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 03:06:54 pm »
Sadly enough, I don't have a Wii U, so a Smash tourney is sadly not an option for me. In the mean time, I'll think of some stuff we can do.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 05:10:18 pm »

this could be possible with emus and netplay so it could be a valid idea
Can you actually get netplay to work with KBV? I tried it once or twice and it was a disaster, but I'm dumb. If someone knows how then I am into this particular idea.
Though it might be unfair if some people don't have gamepads and aren't great with keyboard play, or if their computer can't handle the emu.
Maybe we could choose one or two representative players from each team and stream the matches. Everyone else can cheer on in the chat or something.

I also think maybe we should have multiple events so everyone has a chance to get into something at some point. Dunno, just spitballin' here.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 08:04:35 pm »
I have an ePSXe and a Klonoa Beach Volleyball (Europe) that runs nearly flawlessly (There are a few moments of lag at the start of each level, and I don't know how well it would work online, I'd have to test that.)

I've heard that ePSXE has a netplay plugin. I could easily just install it and put up a download link for the entire package (EDIT: CONFIGURED ePSXe WITH BIOS INCLUDED (I'd attempt to configure the player control pad to the keyboard so one wouldn't have to take the time to do that but it resets when I move it between computers with my flash drive so I'm not sure how well it would transfer through downloading it. I would definitely include a tutorial for new users.) with the netplay plugin installed, and the Beach Volley ISO)

I'd love to do beach volley as a community tournament kind of thing! I love that game!

I'll see what I can do, if anyone's interested...!

PS Team Phantomile all the way!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:08:33 pm by Artsy »

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 10:14:13 pm »
I'm not sure how many people here play Minecraft, but maybe we could try UHC (Ultra Hardcore) survival or Hunger Games in Minecraft. Duke it out PvP style.

Also, team Phantomile ftw.